Disabling Dell Musicmatch

Bruce

Hi,

I just got a new Dimension 8400, running Windows XPHome. I had a heck of
a time stopping Dell Musicmatch from launching everytime I inserted an
audio cd in the DVD-ROM, but finally did. I had to uncheck all file
types associated with Musicmatch. I now have Windows Media Player set to
launch when I put an audio cd in the DVD-ROM, but I still get a
Musicmatch window that pops up about 2 seconds into the music and says:

The current webpage is trying to open a site in your trusted zone sites
list. Do you want to allow this:
Current site: go.microsoft.com
Trusted site: wwwp.musicmatch.com

YES NO

No matter what I say, yes or no, nothing happens, but the window closes
and WMP keeps playing music.

How can I get rid of this Musicmatch window that pops up? I've never
seen anyting as invasive as this.

Thanks,

Uninstall.

"Brian K" <iibntgyea4 REMOVE_THIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Uninstall.

What he said. Send it to a swift and cruel add/remove death....

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

Bruce wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just got a new Dimension 8400, running Windows XPHome. I had a heck of
> a time stopping Dell Musicmatch from launching everytime I inserted an
> audio cd in the DVD-ROM, but finally did. I had to uncheck all file
> types associated with Musicmatch. I now have Windows Media Player set to
> launch when I put an audio cd in the DVD-ROM, but I still get a
> Musicmatch window that pops up about 2 seconds into the music and says:
>
> The current webpage is trying to open a site in your trusted zone sites
> list. Do you want to allow this:
> Current site: go.microsoft.com
> Trusted site: wwwp.musicmatch.com
>
> YES NO
>
> No matter what I say, yes or no, nothing happens, but the window closes
> and WMP keeps playing music.
>
> How can I get rid of this Musicmatch window that pops up? I've never
> seen anyting as invasive as this.

If you don't want to use MM Junkbox, why not uninstall it?

If you think MM is invasive, you've probably never tried to remove AOL
from a system. ;)

Bruce

Sparky <Sparky@moon.sun.org> wrote in

> Bruce wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just got a new Dimension 8400, running Windows XPHome. I had a
>> heck of a time stopping Dell Musicmatch from launching everytime I
>> inserted an audio cd in the DVD-ROM, but finally did. I had to
>> uncheck all file types associated with Musicmatch. I now have
>> Windows Media Player set to launch when I put an audio cd in the
>> DVD-ROM, but I still get a Musicmatch window that pops up about 2
>> seconds into the music and says:
>>
>> The current webpage is trying to open a site in your trusted zone
>> sites list. Do you want to allow this:
>> Current site: go.microsoft.com
>> Trusted site: wwwp.musicmatch.com
>>
>> YES NO
>>
>> No matter what I say, yes or no, nothing happens, but the window
>> closes and WMP keeps playing music.
>>
>> How can I get rid of this Musicmatch window that pops up? I've never
>> seen anyting as invasive as this.
>
> If you don't want to use MM Junkbox, why not uninstall it?
>
> If you think MM is invasive, you've probably never tried to remove AOL
> from a system. ;)

I have decided to remove it.

Nope, never have tried to remove AOL because I'd never install it in the
first place.

Bruce