Help Beta Test a Online Management Game

Jabberwocky

http://forum.forthetitle.com/viewtopic.php?t=9

there looking for beta testers for a new online football management sim that
will be called for the title :)

my site (see below) interviewed the head.

1) What is your job scope as the MD?

My job as a Marketing Director and Administrative Leader in Explicit
Creations is divided in two. In this project my most important task these
days is getting FTT known to more people. We're still not finished with the
game, but it's still a very important. This means that I'm responsible of
advertising and promoting the game, both against potential users and
potential partners.
My other part in the company is as Administrative Leader. This means I am
responsible of all our paper pushing employees! ;(
To be serious, I have to take care of our obligations to the government,
like paying taxes and all sorts of fees. L
We also have our own money demanding staff, so plenty to do.!

2) How did this idea come about and who is the man behind it?

This idea did not come to me, but to my good friends and partners in
Explicit, Alex and Stephan.
They have been enthusiastic members of different play-by-mail games all
through their childhood, and together with playing CM for over 10 years,
this was the triggering factor I guess.
Both are educated at the Institute of Technology in Norway, so that helps a
lot when you are developing a game. J
But now all of us are a part of a company, and it's this company that's the
founders and developers of the game.

3) What are your thoughts on FTT before beta testing?

I think we have a great game, and I'm really looking forward to the beta
release. It's exciting to see the result and feedback our testers will give
us. We are in the last phase now, and it's delightful to se all the elements
starting to work together.

4) What makes it different or better than other similar online games out
there like CM Online?

To be honest I've never tried CM Online. But I have seen screenshots of it,
and it seems a good game.
For The Title is a pure fantasy game. This means no real player names or
countries. But we still have divided our "world" in different regions, so
you will get the same feeling.
We think a lot of the current online football manager games don't deliver
what you can expect from this type of game. We wanted to make a game that
focuses on the different possibilities a manager has when his team is
playing matches. A lot of online games make you pick your starting VI before
the match, without any special influence during the match.

We decided that our game should have an important function, and this is the
possibility to watch your team play, LIVE! This means that you can make
changes of both players and tactic during the match, and this is essential
for a manager.
We think this makes us better than most online management games.

5) Your expectations for the release?

A very difficult question! We hope we can generate interest for the game
among a lot of people. But we know this may take some time, and is a long
process.
Hopefully we can deliver a game that lives up to our users expectations! I
think we have.

6) Which game do you prefer; FM or CM?

Hmm, another tricky question. I think I have to go with CM. This is because
CM is the game that I've been playing for about 10 years, and have been a
big part of my life. FM is a very good game though, and I have really
enjoyed it after the release last year.

Thanks for your time, Tore! We wish FTT all the best in the near future!

--
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

Admin of one of the best FM sites around:
http://www.fmunderground.net/

View my Story / Poem profile on :
http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/shadowalk

Jabberwocky

missed out

As the development of the game is getting further and further, we are in
need of beta testers. This means that we are planning to get a quite large
number of people to be a part of the Beta-team.

The beta testing will take place for some weeks in the months of May and
June 2005.

To be a beta tester you have to dedicate time to test the game during the
testing period, and report back with errors you may find.
We are also open for suggestions and evaluation of the game.

If you are chosen to be a beta tester, you will have the unique possibility
to get to know the game better. We well also recruit new staff when the game
is launched this summer, and we are looking towards the guys who have been
helping us out with testing.

Send us an e-mail to tore@forthetitle.com, and let us know about your
interest in becoming a beta tester