• Configuration
  • Radeon
  • Computers
  • ATI
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
June 30, 2010 7:00:29 PM

Hello,
I have a problem with my ATI radeon HD 4890 (overklocked) graphics card.
After the computer have been on for like 3 minutes small squares in defferent colours shows up and shuts down the computer!!
I've changed the DVI cable but it's still the same problem.
i've have sent it in to the store I bought it in but they never finds the problem. It never shows up for them!!
Can it be because it's overclocked? :( 

More about : ati radeon 4890 problem

a b $ Windows 7
July 1, 2010 4:48:43 AM

May be! Have tried without overclocked??
Have you installed latest drivers & tried??
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 1, 2010 4:52:24 AM

Maxedout_08,

Saran008 is correct -- have you tried to see if those squares disappear if you turn your overclocking off? It sounds as though it may be a sign that the card is overheating?

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
m
l
Related resources
July 1, 2010 8:09:19 AM

Well, here's the wierd thing. I bought my computer from a guy who had it for 6 months without any problems with that graphics card. And it was overklocked when he bought it from the shop. But I don't really know how to "underclock". s it a special program I have to download?
And I have tried to download the latest drivers but my computer shuts down before I can even download them. but if I have it turned of all day I may maage to download the drivers.

If you wonder why I can write in this forum is because we have another computer.
m
l
July 1, 2010 4:25:09 PM

Better ask the guy from whom you made the purchase.
Most probably, he might have used MSI afterburner, ATI overdrive, the works...
Unless you have these, you cannot underclock.
The other option is to flash the GPU BIOS, but never do that if you're not 100% sure of what you are doing. A botched up flash & you will end up with a hundred dollar paper weight.
m
l
July 1, 2010 4:38:24 PM

I've downloaded the latest drivers but the squares still comes up. I've read about my card and it's supposed to be able to overklock even more with the standard fan. It has got one 6pin connector and one 8pin. But i'm only using 2 6pinn to get the power to the card. Should I buy on 8pin??
I have had the card for reparation twice but they never find any problem with the card, so I don't think it is the card anymore..

any other suggestions?
m
l
!