My CD - ROMS Drive is not working...

My PC got infected with this WORM Virus last month, and it has seriously
damage my Win200 Window Registry and I was force to re-format my HD.

Did that with a fd's help, I successfully re-formatted my HD and now I hv a
brand new OS...which is of course WinXP...

The problem didn't start initially, it started may be a week after the
re-format, I hv found XP unable to detect my CD-RW as well as my DVD - ROM
Drive! The system told me the driver is damage or corrupted etc...

I've search the web for a newer driver for both of my CD-ROMs, find a
firmware for my LG CD-RW, did everything according to the installation guide
but still XP unable to detect it, why?

Could the virus attack I had last month, make some permanently damage to
both of my CD-ROMs????

--
Warm Regards,
Clarence LI

    Clarence, if your drives are not showing up in MyComputer try this fix
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q270008/

    "Clarence Li" <ClarenceLi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My PC got infected with this WORM Virus last month, and it has seriously
    > damage my Win200 Window Registry and I was force to re-format my HD.
    >
    > Did that with a fd's help, I successfully re-formatted my HD and now I hv
    > brand new OS...which is of course WinXP...
    >
    > The problem didn't start initially, it started may be a week after the
    > re-format, I hv found XP unable to detect my CD-RW as well as my DVD - ROM
    > Drive! The system told me the driver is damage or corrupted etc...
    >
    > I've search the web for a newer driver for both of my CD-ROMs, find a
    > firmware for my LG CD-RW, did everything according to the installation
    > guide
    > but still XP unable to detect it, why?
    >
    > Could the virus attack I had last month, make some permanently damage to
    > both of my CD-ROMs????
    >
    > --
    > Warm Regards,
    > Clarence LI