Looking for an Ultrabook

Tags:
  • Dell Studio Xps
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Laptops
  • Product
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
August 24, 2012 10:49:46 PM

Hi, I'm looking to buy an Ultrabook, and I wanted to know if there were any to avoid or any that are superior. I'm looking at under $1000. I found the Dell XPS 13 at $999, which seems like a decent price. I won't do much gaming on it, as I have a HP dv6 for that. I just need it to take with me places. Any suggestions and opinions welcome!

More about : ultrabook

Best solution

August 24, 2012 11:38:46 PM

kurtj91 said:

Ultrabook.
Under $1000.

Get this one and you're good to go. I highly recommend it.

Quote:
Dell XPS 13

Overpriced. Not bad, but there are better options out there.
August 25, 2012 12:01:21 AM

Thanks for the reply. Is there any difference between the Dell and the Acer, besides the processor? I was able to find the Dell for $979, on Amazon, so no shipping or tax, which wouldn't be quite as bad as the Dell site. Are there major concerns with the XPS 13 ultrabook, or just Dell's reputation? I'm not going HP again after my dv6 disaster.
m
l
Related resources
August 25, 2012 1:31:48 AM

kurtj91 said:
Is there any difference besides the processor?

Better display, better power management (has better battery, works longer without recharging because of the Ivy Bridge, which consumes quite less energy), better sound, better design and looks, better price.
m
l
August 26, 2012 3:31:18 AM

Best answer selected by kurtj91.
m
l
September 5, 2012 6:17:58 AM

Hello I hope that this will help you decide which ultrabook to buy. Check this site http://www.squidoo.com/ultrabook-under-1000 there are different kind of ultrabooks from different manufacturer you can choose, all of those ultrabooks are under $1000.
m
l
!