Bought new HD and MW xP and still doesn't work

A person told me to go into my bio and change t he floppy from master to
the cd rom and save, I did now all I get is a black screen, nothing else.
Installed the brand new harddrive and it is still a blank black screen. MY
mouse and keyboard lights are not comeing on, and the red light stays on
cont. on the CD-Rom one, and goes off (red light) on the burner, but it will
continue to run with green light on the burner. Yet I cannot do anything
with this computer at all!! Please help me, willing to try anything if you
think it will help me!!!! Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about bought doesn work

    Do you gwt the BIOS startup screen when you turn the computer on ?

    Do you have a BIOS setup disk from when you bought your computer?

    I see from a previous post you were putting SP2 on XP Home, had you changed
    the BIOS settings before this or after?

    Will try to help with full info.

    petecee

    "slw" wrote:

    > A person told me to go into my bio and change t he floppy from master to
    > the cd rom and save, I did now all I get is a black screen, nothing else.
    > Installed the brand new harddrive and it is still a blank black screen. MY
    > mouse and keyboard lights are not comeing on, and the red light stays on
    > cont. on the CD-Rom one, and goes off (red light) on the burner, but it will
    > continue to run with green light on the burner. Yet I cannot do anything
    > with this computer at all!! Please help me, willing to try anything if you
    > think it will help me!!!! Thanks

Light Windows XP