Windows XP Pro - Corrupt display with fonts

Stephen

I turned on my Sony Vaio Laptop tonight and all of the text on the desktop
and even the windows startup screen and all menu items are in some strange
form of symbol / hyrogliphics font.

Can you help

Switch to the default Windows Theme to restore the font:

Right-click on the Desktop
Click Properties (Since you will not be able to read the word Properties, it's the last one on the list)
Click the arrow on the list-box
Click Windows XP (2nd on list) -or- Windows Classic (3rd choice)
Click the OK button (1st button along the bottom edge of the window)

Austin M. Horst