Serious problem with my keypad, Urgent answer needed.

First of all, my english is very poor since I'm not an anglo-parlant. I
apoligize.
My problem is that in spanish we use a symbol which we call "tilde" : ´
. But my computer doeth not obey when I press the key for that symbol,
instead I have to press another to make it appeareth.
What do I have to do to fix it? For any answer I shall be thankful.
21st of May of 2005, Santiago, Chile.

benderboyd@gmail.com

You cannot put the tilde above a letter with the ~ key anyway.
Using the tilde key on the keyboard places the symbol in a separate space like this example for year: a~no, an~o. It should be: año.
To place the tilde above a letter, hold down the ALT key and press a 4-number combination on the keypad.

Examples:
ALT 0195 Ã Capital A
ALT 0227 ã Lowercase a
ALT 0209 Ñ Capital N
ALT 0241 ñ Lowercase n
ALT 0213 Õ Capital O
ALT 0245 õ Lowercase o

You must use the number keypad on the right side of the keyboard (not the number keys aboce the letters).
You can also copy letters from the Character Map C:\WINDOWS\System32\charmap.exe

Austin M. Horst