stuck cd-rom drawer

May 21, 2005 8:45:01 PM

Hi,

I have tried sticking a pin head into the little hole above the cd drawer
button on my computer, but it still wont open.

When I press the cd-rom button to open the drawer, it sounds like it's
trying to do something, and the green light flashes about 8-9 times really
fast.

How can I open the cd-rom drawer? Am I doing something wrong with the pin
head? sometimes it catches on something, but it doesnt open the drawer, and
sometimes it pushes further and seems to just be in an empty space.
--
thanks in advance for any insight,
becca

More about : stuck rom drawer

Anonymous
May 22, 2005 1:48:29 AM

Hi,

Use something a little stronger, such as a straighten out paperclip.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

beccajak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried sticking a pin head into the little hole
> above the cd drawer button on my computer, but it still
> wont open.
>
> When I press the cd-rom button to open the drawer, it
> sounds like it's trying to do something, and the green
> light flashes about 8-9 times really fast.
>
> How can I open the cd-rom drawer? Am I doing something
> wrong with the pin head? sometimes it catches on
> something, but it doesnt open the drawer, and sometimes
> it pushes further and seems to just be in an empty space.
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 11:40:02 AM

Try rebooting and keep tapping the eject button during startup.
It works on scsi drives

petecee