Hey guys, so I wanted to buy a mid-range gaming laptop for about 600 Pounds ($948). I aim to be able to run StarCraft II near it's highest settings and League of Legends near it's highest setting, but it doesn't have to be at 1920 x 1080 (I am happy with lower resolutions), a 15" laptop is what I'm looking for. Here's the questionnaire thingy that I had to fill:
1. What is your budget?
600GBP (about $950)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15" and bigger
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Doesn't have to be 1920 x 1080 (in fact I don't even expect to have this res), but, whatever is recommended for gaming (not too small ofc)
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
This will be my main laptop (I have a very old desktop), so it should be able to run SC2 and LoL and Dota 2 comfortably
5. How much battery life do you need?
About 6 hours when doing light work
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop?
If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Preferably: SC2 - Ultra or just below, League of Legends - Ultra (this should be easy to do), Civilization V - Medium, DoTA - Ultra to just below, etc.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
A little bit of photo/video editing, but mostly Music and Video entertainment and Word editing software ofc
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500GB is enough - I'll just use external HDs
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. -
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2 years, if this laptop has some bits that can be upgraded in the future, that would be a bonus
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM writer nothing too fancy, what ever is needed for gaming, although lately everything is digital isn't it?)
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No preferred brands really, if there are any brands that deviate from the mainstream (such as Dell, HP, etc.), I'll need assurance that the laptop is well known and has no factory faults and the like.
13. What country do you live in?
India, but, I will be buying this from the UK
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
If the laptop can be upgraded that would be a nice bonus. I live in India, so it get's a bit hot here, a laptop that can cool itself well would be what I need (I do have a cooling fan pad though)
I looked at the Asus K55VD, it looked quite good until it got to the graphic card (Nvidia 610M), it was priced quite fairly at 599GBP. I'm looking for a laptop like this (price and specs), but preferably a better graphic card that can run games on medium settings more comfortably
Specs of Asus K55VD:
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-3210M (3.1GHz Turbo) dual-core with Hyperthreading
Intel HD Graphics 4000 + nVidia GeForce 610M with 2GB RAM
15.6in (1366 x 768) TN gloss
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
500GB hard disk, SATA 3Gbps
6GB DDR3 1600MHz
built-in mic, 3.5mm line-in, 3.5mm line-out
2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0
Kensington lock slot
SDHC card slot
105 x 74mm, buttonless, multi-touch trackpad
90W mains charger
50Wh lithium-ion, removable battery
Two year collect-and-return warranty