1. What is your budget? ~$550 from Amazon/Best Buy ~$450 everywhere else (have a GC from Amazon/BB)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15-16 in 14 if it is awesome
3. What screen resolution do you want? Higher the better but 1366x768 is fine
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? More portable, will be used for work but able to plug in to power anywhere
5. How much battery life do you need? Doesn't matter
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Diablo series including Diablo3, maybe a future MMORPG
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Photo editing, decent wifi since I will use for work
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Doesn't matter, will probably eventually replace with SSD, have a usb 3.0 external that I use for photo storage.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. amazon.com I have $125 GC so this is allowing the $550 budget
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? longer the better
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD writer, bluray would be nice but not needed
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Acer, Asus, Toshiba, Lenovo
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I currently have an HP dv7-1020 Core2 duo 7350 9600gt. Needs to be better than this laptop. I have found http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V3-571G-6641-15-6-Inc... however I am wondering if there is anything better out there that I should consider. I have been looking for a while and don't have a problem waiting a little longer for the best deal if needed.