Solved

Windows 7 64-bit sound problems

I noticed the front audio and microphone jack were not working, so I tried downloading a Sigmatel driver from Intel's support section. During the installation a message popped up saying my version of Windows was not compatible, and I thought "OK, that makes sense, I'm on 7 now." Well, now my sound is completely gone and I need a way to fix it.

Prior to this I was running Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit, and am now on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Following the installation, my sound was fine (except for the jacks) but now my sound is gone.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows sound problems
  1. Best answer
    Try using Device Manager to search for audio driver, to at least get it back to where it was working before, if you have a restore point prior to attempting to install the Sigmatel driver try that.
    I don't have front jacks connected so can't check, but there may be a setting in the audio mixer to activate front connections, I'm assuming they worked before in Vista, if not they may not be connected.
  2. I managed to find the Sigmatel Audio Control Panel folder in my windows.old folder. That fixed the problem. Thank you anyway.
  3. Hello,
    I just installed a 64 bit windows 7 on my pc, but now i haven't voice any more, i've installed the latest driver of my 81945-pl but it doesn't make any difference. What I should do? plz...
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7