Move programs from 'c' drive to seperate drive?

I'm aware that you can move some of your latgets files from one drive or
partition to another, like My Documents, My Music etc. I was wondering if
it's also possible to do a similar thing with my program files. Can I move
programs from 'c' drive to an entirely seperate hard drive? If so how is
this done?

Thanks in advance

The short answer is: No.

The longer answer is: Depending on the size of the program, during
installation the program writes anywhere from dozens to hundreds of entries
to the Registry indicating the location of files critical to that program to
launch and load correctly. You would have to find and edit those entries to
point to the new location.

There are programs that purport to move applications from one drive or drive
partition to another. Unless this is something that you plan to do often, it
is cheaper and easier to simply uninstall the program, then install it to
the location where you want it to reside.

--
steve

nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
remove _thenut_ to reach me