I am planning to buy an alienware m17x r4 and wanted to know how long will it last because i will only buy it if it lasts 5 years or so .
And is there any problem with the ati radeon hd7970m as i have heard that some of the m17x with ati 7970 are defective.
And also are there any problems with there usb 3.0 becoz i have heard the same about them.
I basically need it for professional softwares and sometimes gaming.
If you are looking at buying the Alienware M17x, keep in mind that you need to upgrade to the 1920x1080 display. You should not buy the Alienware M17x in any configuration that includes the default 1600x900 display regardless of your budget or other planned upgrades, unless you require its larger text for eyesight-related reasons. 1600x900 resolution in a 17.3" display makes things onscreen large, and 17.3" displays that have 1600x900 resolution tend to be low-grade LCD panels that have very poor image quality due to low contrast.
This is a worthy consideration as well, if you want either the GTX 675M or GTX 680M:
Sager NP9150 (i7-3610QM, NVIDIA GTX 675M, 15.6" 1920x1080 glossy display upgradeable to matte) - $1405 no tax (w/ GTX 670M: $1308)
- Take note of the GPU options, note that the stock GTX 670M is available in the cheaper NP9130, and note that the Radeon 7970M has driver issues (Enduro cannot be disabled like it can on the Alienware M17x)
- Recommended: Matte display option.
- Downgrade the memory to 8GB 1333MHz, unless you have a particular need for 1600MHz memory or the free 16GB memory upgrade.
- Note: comes with a colored backlit keyboard unlike the NP9130.
- 17.3" version: http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np9170-gaming-laptop-clevo...