Ron

using a new Gateway computer with WIN XP Pro. Connecting to a General
Motors system to access their software and files. has worked well for
some time. now getting a Processing Exception:
java.io.FieNotFoundException:
/usr/local/iplanet..................................
................../tag.properties(No such file or directory).

I left out middle of error message becuase it was very long. Contacted
GM support and they tested some things but said it had to be on local
computer, not at their end.

Any suggestions on what to try?

Thanks

Ron

Hi ron,

> using a new Gateway computer with WIN XP Pro. Connecting to a General
> Motors system to access their software and files. has worked well for
> some time. now getting a Processing Exception:
> java.io.FieNotFoundException:
> /usr/local/iplanet..................................
> ................./tag.properties(No such file or directory).
>
> I left out middle of error message becuase it was very long. Contacted
> GM support and they tested some things but said it had to be on local
> computer, not at their end.
>
> Any suggestions on what to try?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ron

And you've reinstalled the java engine?
http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Rick Why is the Java installation so LARGE? Like 107MB I do not have it
installed and so far, don't seem to need it. Home user no Heavy Duty usage.

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi ron,
>
> > using a new Gateway computer with WIN XP Pro. Connecting to a General
> > Motors system to access their software and files. has worked well for
> > some time. now getting a Processing Exception:
> > java.io.FieNotFoundException:
> > /usr/local/iplanet..................................
> > ................./tag.properties(No such file or directory).
> >
> > I left out middle of error message becuase it was very long. Contacted
> > GM support and they tested some things but said it had to be on local
> > computer, not at their end.
> >
> > Any suggestions on what to try?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ron
>
> And you've reinstalled the java engine?
> http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Hi Dale,

> Rick Why is the Java installation so LARGE? Like 107MB I do not have
> it
> installed and so far, don't seem to need it. Home user no Heavy Duty
> usage.
>
> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi ron,
>>
>> > using a new Gateway computer with WIN XP Pro. Connecting to a General
>> > Motors system to access their software and files. has worked well for
>> > some time. now getting a Processing Exception:
>> > java.io.FieNotFoundException:
>> > /usr/local/iplanet..................................
>> > ................./tag.properties(No such file or directory).
>> >
>> > I left out middle of error message becuase it was very long. Contacted
>> > GM support and they tested some things but said it had to be on local
>> > computer, not at their end.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions on what to try?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Ron
>>
>> And you've reinstalled the java engine?
>> http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Don't know, I didn't write the engine. Ask Sun why.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Wouldn't waste my time with them! Thanks

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
> > Rick Why is the Java installation so LARGE? Like 107MB I do not have
> > it
> > installed and so far, don't seem to need it. Home user no Heavy Duty
> > usage.
> >
> > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi ron,

> >> And you've reinstalled the java engine?
> >> http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> >> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >>

> Don't know, I didn't write the engine. Ask Sun why.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Ron

Rick,

GM tech support had us uninstall Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime 5.0 and then
Reinstall. didn't solve problem. Could get to GM from another computer in the
shop so we don't think it is at GM's end.

Ron

Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers wrote:

> Hi ron,
>
> > using a new Gateway computer with WIN XP Pro. Connecting to a General
> > Motors system to access their software and files. has worked well for
> > some time. now getting a Processing Exception:
> > java.io.FieNotFoundException:
> > /usr/local/iplanet..................................
> > ................./tag.properties(No such file or directory).
> >
> > I left out middle of error message becuase it was very long. Contacted
> > GM support and they tested some things but said it had to be on local
> > computer, not at their end.
> >
> > Any suggestions on what to try?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ron
>
> And you've reinstalled the java engine?
> http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

rick,

sent a reply back a few days ago but see it doesn't appear here. Yes, GM
had us unistall and re-install the java 2SE engine. Ran the test off the
Sun Java site and it says the engine is installed and working correctly.
Didn't solve the problem. Account can be reached by other computers in the
shop so i guess it can't be on GM's end. any other suggestions?

Ron