Sign in with
Your question
Solved

System restore not working

Last response: in Windows 7
June 30, 2010 10:07:34 PM

I create system restores point on my Windows 7 PC, but when I reboot it did not save. Any one have any suggestions on what I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Bboop

More about : system restore working

June 30, 2010 10:36:36 PM

Sounds like a permissions issue. Are you running System Restore manually? If so try running it as Administrator.
a b $ Windows 7
July 1, 2010 4:57:54 AM

Do you have the system set to also automatically create restore points? Have these saved?

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
Related resources
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
August 20, 2010 9:31:00 PM

hey when i click system restore and its telling me that system restore did not make no changes and i want to make changes and i kept backing up dates and its still the sameand it says pick another date and i have i did that it just wont let me
August 30, 2010 9:14:34 PM

JessicaD said:
Do you have the system set to also automatically create restore points? Have these saved?

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Hi Jessica,
Yes I have it set to automatically do system restore but it does not save my restored points.
August 30, 2010 9:17:06 PM

techgeek said:
Sounds like a permissions issue. Are you running System Restore manually? If so try running it as Administrator.

Hi Techgeek,
I try running System Restore as an Administrator like you suggested but the restored still disappeared once the computer is rebooted. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Bboop

Best solution

September 1, 2010 9:57:12 AM

I had a problem with system restore on widows 7 turned out to be another piece of software causing the problem, it was called rapport and is used by many online banking services as a security measure. The problem being is it would refuse permission for windows to restore, even though windows appeared to be restoring I would always end up with the failed message.

I had to go in to services and disable rapport to be able to do a system restore, the easiest way to check if this or some other piece of software is causing the problem is to boot into safe mode (press and hold F8 once your PC has past the post message but before windows starts to boot) once in safe mode do a system restore, if it works then you have interference from another piece of software
September 1, 2010 9:09:53 PM

princeofdreams said:
I had a problem with system restore on widows 7 turned out to be another piece of software causing the problem, it was called rapport and is used by many online banking services as a security measure. The problem being is it would refuse permission for windows to restore, even though windows appeared to be restoring I would always end up with the failed message.

I had to go in to services and disable rapport to be able to do a system restore, the easiest way to check if this or some other piece of software is causing the problem is to boot into safe mode (press and hold F8 once your PC has past the post message but before windows starts to boot) once in safe mode do a system restore, if it works then you have interference from another piece of software

Thanks, I will try your suggestion and let you know.

bboop
September 11, 2010 1:19:23 PM

Best answer selected by bboop.
July 22, 2012 1:13:33 PM

Nobody. I mean NOBODY has ever solved this problem!

Windows Vista, 7 and 8 are all absolute rubbish.

Haven't you hear the news?

Microsoft just made a financial loss.

In five years it will be long forgotten.

Look at Nokia! :hello: 
!