Ask for deleting files

May 23, 2005 3:36:28 AM

Hi,everybody:
My OS is XP(home).I have some files which are so important so can not be
deleted,for my computer is used by several
colleagues.
My question is:What should be configured that some important files can
not be deleted without permission.
Thanks.

More about : deleting files

Anonymous
May 23, 2005 3:36:29 AM

Hi David.H,

> Hi,everybody:
> My OS is XP(home).I have some files which are so important so can not
> be
> deleted,for my computer is used by several
> colleagues.
> My question is:What should be configured that some important files can
> not be deleted without permission.
> Thanks.

You need to set permissions on the files. Click start/Help & Support, enter
"permissions" into the search box and hit enter. There are all sorts of
tutorials on how to do this.

In addition, I would strongly suggest that you backup anything you do not
want to lose to removable media (floppy, CD, USB drive, etc.).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 3:36:29 AM

Hi David,

If the files are that important, they should be backed up to removal
media, such as a CD.

Doug Knox explains how to make files private in WinXP Home.
http://snipurl.com/f2fa

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User