Ask for deleting files

Hi,everybody:
My OS is XP(home).I have some files which are so important so can not be
deleted,for my computer is used by several
colleagues.
My question is:What should be configured that some important files can
not be deleted without permission.
Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about deleting files

    Hi David.H,

    > Hi,everybody:
    > My OS is XP(home).I have some files which are so important so can not
    > be
    > deleted,for my computer is used by several
    > colleagues.
    > My question is:What should be configured that some important files can
    > not be deleted without permission.
    > Thanks.

    You need to set permissions on the files. Click start/Help & Support, enter
    "permissions" into the search box and hit enter. There are all sorts of
    tutorials on how to do this.

    In addition, I would strongly suggest that you backup anything you do not
    want to lose to removable media (floppy, CD, USB drive, etc.).

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    Hi David,

    If the files are that important, they should be backed up to removal
    media, such as a CD.

    Doug Knox explains how to make files private in WinXP Home.
    http://snipurl.com/f2fa

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    David.H wrote:
    > Hi,everybody:
    > My OS is XP(home).I have some files which are so
    > important so can not be deleted,for my computer is used
    > by several
    > colleagues.
    > My question is:What should be configured that some
    > important files can not be deleted without permission.
    > Thanks.

Microsoft Windows XP