BIOS Startup image too large for screen

My problem dates back to when I downloaded Windows Malicious Software Removal
Tool KB890830(?) on 4/22. Now, my splash screen and BIOS setup screen are
too big for my monitor and spill outside the viewable area. How do I retrieve
the original setting? Also, my startup behavior after logon is
inconsistent-sometimes the Norton Antivirus icon in lower right corner shows
Nortton Antivirus AutoProtect is disabled, with big red X through icon then
will enable, and other times, enabled from very start. What would cause this
behaviour and how to correct?
1 answer Last reply
More about bios startup image large screen

    Your BIOS setup probably has a setting for dpi

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "sezzzwho" <sezzzwho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52E46562-1A34-4C3F-A5EF-4316458B5F06@microsoft.com...
    > My problem dates back to when I downloaded Windows Malicious Software Removal
    > Tool KB890830(?) on 4/22. Now, my splash screen and BIOS setup screen are
    > too big for my monitor and spill outside the viewable area. How do I retrieve
    > the original setting? Also, my startup behavior after logon is
    > inconsistent-sometimes the Norton Antivirus icon in lower right corner shows
    > Nortton Antivirus AutoProtect is disabled, with big red X through icon then
    > will enable, and other times, enabled from very start. What would cause this
    > behaviour and how to correct?

BIOS Windows XP