BIOS Startup image too large for screen

My problem dates back to when I downloaded Windows Malicious Software Removal
Tool KB890830(?) on 4/22. Now, my splash screen and BIOS setup screen are
too big for my monitor and spill outside the viewable area. How do I retrieve
the original setting? Also, my startup behavior after logon is
inconsistent-sometimes the Norton Antivirus icon in lower right corner shows
Nortton Antivirus AutoProtect is disabled, with big red X through icon then
will enable, and other times, enabled from very start. What would cause this
behaviour and how to correct?

Your BIOS setup probably has a setting for dpi

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509