Just watched Arsenal v Tottenham...

and was wondering how Lehmann was still on the pitch? Firstly he conned the
ref into having a word with Defoe, then straight after he pushes Defoe in
the face. Now if I remember rightly raising hands to an opponents face was
a red card offence.

Not to mention Touré's deliberate elbow to the back of Edman's head. Nice
to see the Arsenal of old resurfacing, how much did you pay the ref btw.

Apart from that not a bad game of footy, bad luck Chelsea, guess you'll have
to win it on your own ;-)

--
Hamish

Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you
bounce.

Jabberwocky

"Hamish" <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> wrote in message
> and was wondering how Lehmann was still on the pitch? Firstly he conned
> the
> ref into having a word with Defoe, then straight after he pushes Defoe in
> the face. Now if I remember rightly raising hands to an opponents face
> was
> a red card offence.
>
> Not to mention Touré's deliberate elbow to the back of Edman's head. Nice
> to see the Arsenal of old resurfacing, how much did you pay the ref btw.
>
> Apart from that not a bad game of footy, bad luck Chelsea, guess you'll
> have
> to win it on your own ;-)

What a ridiculously biased report on the game. And it was Lauren that
elbowed Edman, Tottenham were shite, arsenal shoulda won more convincingly.

nothing to do with OLD arsenal resurfacing, 2 people do stupid things and
you brandish the whole team. Arsenal are cleaner and a better team then
rangers ever will be Dave.

I think it was clear to tell we didn't pay riley anything as I could think
of a couple of incidents that riley didn't spot against arsenal too, that
are as bad as the above incidents that you biasedly brought forwards.

Think i'll take up watching SPL and do a report after every rangers game
pointing every itty bitty thing they do wrong.

I aint defending Lehmann btw, he did deserve a red, but it wasn't the sort
of game you make it out to be, 2 issolated incidents, compaired to another
team nearly just kicking arsenal players all game, then kanoute hitting the
floor after every tackle when all of them were fair. DeFoe threw the ball at
lauren before the stomping on lehmann incidents occur.

Arsenal deserved to win, Totts deserved nothing, and got nothing. Huzzah.

> --
> Hamish
>
> Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well
> you
> bounce.

Jabberwocky

"Stephen Weir" <sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote in message
> Jabberwocky wrote:
>> What a ridiculously biased report on the game.....
>
> Take cover.....he's gonna blow!

Not at all, just Rangers aren't angels, whilst i admit a paper cup can't do
any damage to anything and seems blown out of proportion. Rangers aint good,
and could only dream of the talent arsenal have. Coz Dave was feeling
inadequate as his shitty little spl team dissapointed again, he attacks
arsenal, we didn't deserve it, Arsenal have been clean, 2 issolated
incidents don't make an entire squad.

Just was unprovoked, purely to cause a scene in this place. He had no reason
to comment on it, having no affiliation to either side in the game.

--
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

Admin of one of the best FM sites around:
http://www.fmunderground.net/

View my Story / Poem profile on :
http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/shadowalk

> --
> Stephen Weir
>
> List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
> ICQ # 11472386

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:47:51 GMT, "Jabberwocky"
<jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Stephen Weir" <sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Jabberwocky wrote:
>>> What a ridiculously biased report on the game.....
>>
>> Take cover.....he's gonna blow!
>
>Not at all, just Rangers aren't angels, whilst i admit a paper cup can't do
>any damage to anything and seems blown out of proportion. Rangers aint good,
>and could only dream of the talent arsenal have. Coz Dave was feeling
>inadequate as his shitty little spl team dissapointed again, he attacks
>arsenal, we didn't deserve it, Arsenal have been clean, 2 issolated
>incidents don't make an entire squad.
>
>Just was unprovoked, purely to cause a scene in this place. He had no reason
>to comment on it, having no affiliation to either side in the game.

why couldnt he comment?

he watched the game, formed an opinion, and aired it.

you, once again, irrationally chucked your rattle out of your pram.
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,

Jabberwocky wrote:
>> Take cover.....he's gonna blow!
>>
> Not at all, just Rangers aren't angels, whilst i admit a paper cup can't do any damage to anything and seems blown out of proportion. Rangers aint good,
> and could only dream of the talent arsenal have. Coz Dave was feeling inadequate as his shitty little spl team dissapointed again, he attacks
> arsenal, we didn't deserve it, Arsenal have been clean, 2 issolated incidents don't make an entire squad.

Too late.....thar she blows!

> Just was unprovoked, purely to cause a scene in this place. He had no reason to comment on it, having no affiliation to either side in the game.

He's as entitled to an opinion on the match as you are. I've nothing
against you personally Pete, but you do wear Arsenal-tinted glasses.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386

Jabberwocky

"Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:47:51 GMT, "Jabberwocky"
> <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>"Stephen Weir" <sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Take cover.....he's gonna blow!
>>
>>Not at all, just Rangers aren't angels, whilst i admit a paper cup can't
>>do
>>any damage to anything and seems blown out of proportion. Rangers aint
>>good,
>>and could only dream of the talent arsenal have. Coz Dave was feeling
>>inadequate as his shitty little spl team dissapointed again, he attacks
>>arsenal, we didn't deserve it, Arsenal have been clean, 2 issolated
>>incidents don't make an entire squad.
>>
>>Just was unprovoked, purely to cause a scene in this place. He had no
>>reason
>>to comment on it, having no affiliation to either side in the game.
>
> why couldnt he comment?
>
> he watched the game, formed an opinion, and aired it.
>
> you, once again, irrationally chucked your rattle out of your pram.

no he didn't he said TOURE elbowed someone, which didn't happen, or did you
missread his post? he took the extra care to add the accent to the guys
name, so shoulda said the correct name and maybe i'd have reacted
differently.

But nope.

In the end, tottenham did nothing all game and deserved nothing from the
game, so what dave got out of the biasedness of his report i don't know, but
it was the "old arsenal" thing that irked me, the game wasn't dirty, arsenal
didn't surround the ref or any of that, 2 completely isolated incidents
occur and he's brandishing the whole team, that's what i won't stand for.

Toure is a nice person, so for someone to accuse him when he did nothing
wrong is well worth arguing over chrissy boy.

Jabberwocky wrote:

> Just was unprovoked, purely to cause a scene in this place. He had no reason
> to comment on it, having no affiliation to either side in the game.

LOL. So I shouldn't talk about anything in football that doesn't
involve Dinamo?

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: The Arcade Fire - Haiti

Jabberwocky

"Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:47:51 GMT, "Jabberwocky"
> <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>"Stephen Weir" <sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Take cover.....he's gonna blow!
>>
>>Not at all, just Rangers aren't angels, whilst i admit a paper cup can't
>>do
>>any damage to anything and seems blown out of proportion. Rangers aint
>>good,
>>and could only dream of the talent arsenal have. Coz Dave was feeling
>>inadequate as his shitty little spl team dissapointed again, he attacks
>>arsenal, we didn't deserve it, Arsenal have been clean, 2 issolated
>>incidents don't make an entire squad.
>>
>>Just was unprovoked, purely to cause a scene in this place. He had no
>>reason
>>to comment on it, having no affiliation to either side in the game.
>
> why couldnt he comment?
>
> he watched the game, formed an opinion, and aired it.
>
> you, once again, irrationally chucked your rattle out of your pram.

If you read his post, it's 100% anti arsenal, Focusing on the bad side of a
game arsenal should have won comfortably, whilst he did add 1 line that said
"not a bad game" it was hardly a review.

Now if he'd gone "Arsenal were deserved winners, Reyes missed a couple of
gilt edged chances, however they were lucky to not be down to 9 men due to
Lauren and Lehmann acting like prats". Then i'd accept it.

However it focused on the bad side first in a "nyah nyah, look what arsenal
got away with". If you catch my drift.

> --
>
> gamertag: chrisflynnuk
> Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,
> SWAT, MotoGP2, Burnout3, OutRun2(Demo), FSW

Jabberwocky

By all means discuss other teams, but dont start a review of a game with.

This is what this team got away with.......

then add right at the end "But it was a decent game".

That aint a review, it's pure bullshit. I'd trust you wouldn't review a game
in that way miljenko.

--

Jabberwocky wrote:
> "Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:47:51 GMT, "Jabberwocky"
>> <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> "Stephen Weir" <sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> Not at all, just Rangers aren't angels, whilst i admit a paper cup
>>> can't do
>>> any damage to anything and seems blown out of proportion. Rangers
>>> aint good,
>>> and could only dream of the talent arsenal have. Coz Dave was
>>> feeling inadequate as his shitty little spl team dissapointed
>>> again, he attacks arsenal, we didn't deserve it, Arsenal have been
>>> clean, 2 issolated incidents don't make an entire squad.
>>>
>>> Just was unprovoked, purely to cause a scene in this place. He had
>>> no reason
>>> to comment on it, having no affiliation to either side in the game.
>>
>> why couldnt he comment?
>>
>> he watched the game, formed an opinion, and aired it.
>>
>> you, once again, irrationally chucked your rattle out of your pram.
>
> no he didn't he said TOURE elbowed someone, which didn't happen, or
> did you missread his post? he took the extra care to add the accent
> to the guys name, so shoulda said the correct name and maybe i'd have
> reacted differently.
>
> But nope.
>
> In the end, tottenham did nothing all game and deserved nothing from
> the game, so what dave got out of the biasedness of his report i
> don't know, but it was the "old arsenal" thing that irked me, the
> game wasn't dirty, arsenal didn't surround the ref or any of that, 2
> completely isolated incidents occur and he's brandishing the whole
> team, that's what i won't stand for.
>
> Toure is a nice person, so for someone to accuse him when he did
> nothing wrong is well worth arguing over chrissy boy.

I apoligise to Kolo, I will accept your assertation that it was Lauren.

As for the "old Arsenal" thing, I have watched every televised Arsenal game
since, and including, the Sheffield cup game. And in my opinion Arsenal
have reverted to their old ways of going over easily/theatrically as well as
complaining to the nearest official everytime they are touched, even in fair
challenges.

As for Rangers, we aren't the best team in the world, but I have never said
we are ;-) and the club has said the fan responsible for throwing the paper
cup will be banned from Ibrox for life, which is lenient in my opinion, he
should be banned from every ground in the UK for life and have to surrender
his passport everytime there are international/European fixtures.

--

> It's irrelevant what was thrown, he threw something into the field of
> play,
> which is an offence under British law, and coupled with the fact that
> there
> has been a resurgence of throwing of missiles at Scottish league and cup
> games recently I applaud the club for taking the hard line.

Perhaps, but don't you reckon the Lifetime ban is good enough punishment for
a paper cup, the other extremities your requesting seem a little extreme
don't you think? All he did was throw a paper cup, i mean, if someone made a
paper aeroplane and threw it, at a footie match, should they be banned for
life? Seems over the top, but then you would know your own fans better than
most. It certainly will stop others from doing it again, so good deterant,
just a little OTT imo.

--
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe."

Admin of one of the best FM sites around:
http://www.fmunderground.net/

View my Story / Poem profile on :
http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/shadowalk

> --
> Hamish
>
> Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well
> you bounce.

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:45:16 GMT, "Jabberwocky"
<jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:47:51 GMT, "Jabberwocky"
>> <jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>"Stephen Weir" <sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote in message

>>>Not at all, just Rangers aren't angels, whilst i admit a paper cup can't
>>>do
>>>any damage to anything and seems blown out of proportion. Rangers aint
>>>good,
>>>and could only dream of the talent arsenal have. Coz Dave was feeling
>>>inadequate as his shitty little spl team dissapointed again, he attacks
>>>arsenal, we didn't deserve it, Arsenal have been clean, 2 issolated
>>>incidents don't make an entire squad.
>>>
>>>Just was unprovoked, purely to cause a scene in this place. He had no
>>>reason
>>>to comment on it, having no affiliation to either side in the game.
>>
>> why couldnt he comment?
>>
>> he watched the game, formed an opinion, and aired it.
>>
>> you, once again, irrationally chucked your rattle out of your pram.
>
>no he didn't he said TOURE elbowed someone, which didn't happen, or did you
>missread his post? he took the extra care to add the accent to the guys
>name, so shoulda said the correct name and maybe i'd have reacted
>differently.
>
>But nope.
>
>In the end, tottenham did nothing all game and deserved nothing from the
>game, so what dave got out of the biasedness of his report i don't know, but
>it was the "old arsenal" thing that irked me, the game wasn't dirty, arsenal
>didn't surround the ref or any of that, 2 completely isolated incidents
>occur and he's brandishing the whole team, that's what i won't stand for.
>
>Toure is a nice person, so for someone to accuse him when he did nothing
>wrong is well worth arguing over chrissy boy.

yeah, hes a lovely bloke.

thats why he got a ban for elbowing shearer in the back when he
thought no one was looking.

and dont call me chrissy boy, thank you very much.
--

Jabberwocky wrote:
> "Hamish" <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> wrote in message
>>

>> It's irrelevant what was thrown, he threw something into the field of
>> play,
>> which is an offence under British law, and coupled with the fact that
>> there
>> has been a resurgence of throwing of missiles at Scottish league and
>> cup games recently I applaud the club for taking the hard line.
>
> Perhaps, but don't you reckon the Lifetime ban is good enough
> punishment for a paper cup, the other extremities your requesting
> seem a little extreme don't you think? All he did was throw a paper
> cup, i mean, if someone made a paper aeroplane and threw it, at a
> footie match, should they be banned for life? Seems over the top, but
> then you would know your own fans better than most. It certainly will
> stop others from doing it again, so good deterant, just a little OTT
> imo.

Banning our own disruptive fans is all well and good, but until we can stop
the banned fans from travelling to away games or abroad we will never
eradicate the problem, sad but true :-(

--

Jabberwocky wrote:
> By all means discuss other teams, but dont start a review of a game with.
> This is what this team got away with.......
> then add right at the end "But it was a decent game".
> That aint a review, it's pure bullshit. I'd trust you wouldn't review a game in that way miljenko.

Isn't that what you usually do with Man. United games?

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:45:17 +0100, Stephen Weir
<sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

>Jabberwocky wrote:
>> By all means discuss other teams, but dont start a review of a game with.
>> This is what this team got away with.......
>> then add right at the end "But it was a decent game".
>> That aint a review, it's pure bullshit. I'd trust you wouldn't review a game in that way miljenko.
>
>Isn't that what you usually do with Man. United games?

how DARE you!

we all know pete offers forth naught but his clear and unbiased
viewpoint on everything.

are you suggesting that he may be guilty of some form of critical
hypocrisy?

wash out your foul mouth, you cur!
--

> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:45:17 +0100, Stephen Weir
> <sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Jabberwocky wrote:
>>> By all means discuss other teams, but dont start a review of a game
>>> with.
>>> This is what this team got away with.......
>>> then add right at the end "But it was a decent game".
>>> That aint a review, it's pure bullshit. I'd trust you wouldn't review a
>>> game in that way miljenko.
>>
>>Isn't that what you usually do with Man. United games?
>
> how DARE you!
>
> we all know pete offers forth naught but his clear and unbiased
> viewpoint on everything.
>
> are you suggesting that he may be guilty of some form of critical
> hypocrisy?
>
> wash out your foul mouth, you cur!

If i'd done a post similar to hamish's in the past month then I'd agree that
i've been hypocritical, However I haven't, and any post previous to this
month is the past, you can't know how I would react to anything, So no, no
hypocrisy. Old man u threads aren't valid as they are exactly that, old.

> --
>
> gamertag: chrisflynnuk
> Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,
> SWAT, MotoGP2, Burnout3, OutRun2(Demo), FSW

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 00:33:12 GMT, "Jabberwocky"
<jibberjabber@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:45:17 +0100, Stephen Weir
>> <sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

>>>Isn't that what you usually do with Man. United games?
>>
>> how DARE you!
>>
>> we all know pete offers forth naught but his clear and unbiased
>> viewpoint on everything.
>>
>> are you suggesting that he may be guilty of some form of critical
>> hypocrisy?
>>
>> wash out your foul mouth, you cur!
>
>If i'd done a post similar to hamish's in the past month then I'd agree that
>i've been hypocritical, However I haven't, and any post previous to this
>month is the past, you can't know how I would react to anything, So no, no
>hypocrisy. Old man u threads aren't valid as they are exactly that, old.

you dont half come out with some shite.
--

Jabberwocky wrote:
> If i'd done a post similar to hamish's in the past month then I'd agree that
> i've been hypocritical, However I haven't, and any post previous to this
> month is the past, you can't know how I would react to anything, So no, no
> hypocrisy. Old man u threads aren't valid as they are exactly that, old.

I'm sorry, but I can't take that statement as being valid, because it's old.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386