Sign in with
Your question

Can't access one site. Can one of you geniuses help me? ;)

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
July 1, 2010 12:28:41 AM

Cannot access one website (www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk), no problem on my mobile. Tried using proxies from other countries, this didn't work. Cleared my data, restarted my computer, tried piggybacking onto neighbor's internet, used my desktop and laptop both, nothing worked. Tried flushing the dns, doesn't work. I'm not running any anti-virus of firewall that I'm aware of.

I'm at a loss. Used both ping and tracert through the command prompt, it does not even recognize the website, just says "unable to resolve target system name."

Clueless and desperate for ideas, please help. This website has worked perfectly for months, and all of a sudden this happened.

More about : access site geniuses

July 1, 2010 3:09:51 AM

Bluemoon.co.uk gives something about mortgages, and your link does not resolve from here in North America also...:) 
m
l
July 1, 2010 3:24:05 AM

www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/index.php

This is a football forum/fansite on my mobile. It always has been. It's real.

Google Blue Moon or Manchester City football and it will be one of the top, if not the top, result. EDIT: It's the 7th result if you google "manchester city football forum." I am utterly at a loss as to how I've been accessing it all these years with no problem.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
July 1, 2010 6:32:03 AM

sillyfrenchman said:
www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/index.php

This is a football forum/fansite on my mobile. It always has been. It's real.

Google Blue Moon or Manchester City football and it will be one of the top, if not the top, result. EDIT: It's the 7th result if you google "manchester city football forum." I am utterly at a loss as to how I've been accessing it all these years with no problem.

[#0005ff]I can't access it either, even from the link on Google. The site must be down, perhaps for maintenence. Are you sure what you're mobile is showing is not a historic offline page?[/#000ff]
m
l
July 1, 2010 6:42:15 AM

I know it's active because there are people posting on it right now posting in the hundreds. If you have a mobile, access through that and you'll see a very active community.

I have no clue what's going on.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
July 1, 2010 11:32:04 AM

Strange and strange, do us a favour, download Opera browser, install and try going to site!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 1, 2010 1:33:52 PM

Anonymous said:
Strange and strange, do us a favour, download Opera browser, install and try going to site!

[#0005ff]Before I posted earlier, I tried IE, Firefox and Opera. I wonder if this is a national IP issue - I'm posting from the UK.[/#000ff]
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 1, 2010 6:30:32 PM

It works here in the states, that's all I can say
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
July 1, 2010 9:57:47 PM

I can get on it using opera, I am in UK, south east of England! Could your ISP have blocked acces to the site?
m
l
July 2, 2010 1:18:24 AM

Works here in Canada, BC.

Probably your ISP blocked that host.

Maybe try to use a VPN?
m
l
!