HELP!!!! I cannot live without my task manager!! Every time I try to open the
task manager, either by CTRL-ALT-DEL or Run [taskmgr.exe], I get an error
message, "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator." However, my
account is the only account on the computer with administrative privleges
(yes, I did look in Computer Management); and I logon with the Administrator
account. I am running Windows XP Pro w/ SP2 and have never disabled the
program. I never knew that it could be disabled. Also, this is a relatively
new problem as I have been using the product for 2 years. Pleeeeeeease help,

Kevin Dodge

Registry:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr
Change the DWORD value from 1 to 0 (zero=off)

Some Spyware/Malware enables this setting so that it can execute processes or malicious programs and you cannot easily or quickly
terminate them.
Scan your PC!
Lavasoft Ad-Aware http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
SpyBot Search & Destroy http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/
McAfee FreeScan http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/

Austin M. Horst

Thanks a lot!! I can breathe again... :)

Thanks again for your help,
Kevin Dodge

PS-- did a virus/spyware scan & it removed the problem software