    Type: REG_SZ
    Data: Set to the location you want.

    If you're using MRUBlaster you have to uncheck this each time you run
    MRUBlaster or it deletes the registry entry.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:4F1F1BBC-D125-4DE3-8EEC-74BFF39E594B@microsoft.com,
    FLKULCHAR <FLKULCHAR@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > When I view a photo from a newsgroup, and right-click it in order to save
    > it, I am prompted to save it where I do NOT want to save it...
    >
    > therefore, I must scroll to the proper location on my harddrive so that
    > the pic saves itself in the folder that I want it to.
    >
    > HOW CAN I CHANGE THE DEFAULT LOCATION SO THAT THE PIC, ''AUTOMATICALLY''
    > SAVES ITSELF IN THE LOCATION THAT I WANT??
    >
    > tHANKS, lARRY

    Okay..I can get to the key via regedit.........

    However, I am NOT able to change the location...as I cannt overwrite to the
    location I want...if i right click over the data field, i am given a
    drop-down list...but I do NOT know how to overwrite the change...

    Can you help agai??? as I am almost there!!

    Thanks,

    Larry

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Start | Run | Type: regedit | OK
    >
    > Navigate to this key:
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{Your unique ID #}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook
    > Express\5.0
    > Name: Save Attachment Path
    > Type: REG_SZ
    > Data: Set to the location you want.
    >
    > If you're using MRUBlaster you have to uncheck this each time you run
    > MRUBlaster or it deletes the registry entry.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:4F1F1BBC-D125-4DE3-8EEC-74BFF39E594B@microsoft.com,
    > FLKULCHAR <FLKULCHAR@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > When I view a photo from a newsgroup, and right-click it in order to save
    > > it, I am prompted to save it where I do NOT want to save it...
    > >
    > > therefore, I must scroll to the proper location on my harddrive so that
    > > the pic saves itself in the folder that I want it to.
    > >
    > > HOW CAN I CHANGE THE DEFAULT LOCATION SO THAT THE PIC, ''AUTOMATICALLY''
    > > SAVES ITSELF IN THE LOCATION THAT I WANT??
    > >
    > > tHANKS, lARRY

    Okay..I am almost there...when I get to the data key via regedit, I am NOT
    able to write in my location over the default location...I am not familiar
    with making the change in the regedit menu..

    How can I change the default location in the data field where you directed
    me??

    Thanks,

    Larry

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Start | Run | Type: regedit | OK
    >
    > Navigate to this key:
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{Your unique ID #}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook
    > Express\5.0
    > Name: Save Attachment Path
    > Type: REG_SZ
    > Data: Set to the location you want.
    >
    > If you're using MRUBlaster you have to uncheck this each time you run
    > MRUBlaster or it deletes the registry entry.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:4F1F1BBC-D125-4DE3-8EEC-74BFF39E594B@microsoft.com,
    > FLKULCHAR <FLKULCHAR@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > When I view a photo from a newsgroup, and right-click it in order to save
    > > it, I am prompted to save it where I do NOT want to save it...
    > >
    > > therefore, I must scroll to the proper location on my harddrive so that
    > > the pic saves itself in the folder that I want it to.
    > >
    > > HOW CAN I CHANGE THE DEFAULT LOCATION SO THAT THE PIC, ''AUTOMATICALLY''
    > > SAVES ITSELF IN THE LOCATION THAT I WANT??
    > >
    > > tHANKS, lARRY

    OK..I made the change via the edit menu...but to no avail...the default
    location did NOT change...

    Remember, this is a right click..."save photo as"...not "save attachment"

    Please advise!!

    "FLKULCHAR" wrote:

    > Okay..I am almost there...when I get to the data key via regedit, I am NOT
    > able to write in my location over the default location...I am not familiar
    > with making the change in the regedit menu..
    >
    > How can I change the default location in the data field where you directed
    > me??
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Larry
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    > > Start | Run | Type: regedit | OK
    > >
    > > Navigate to this key:
    > > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{Your unique ID #}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook
    > > Express\5.0
    > > Name: Save Attachment Path
    > > Type: REG_SZ
    > > Data: Set to the location you want.
    > >
    > > If you're using MRUBlaster you have to uncheck this each time you run
    > > MRUBlaster or it deletes the registry entry.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > >
    > > Wes
    > > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > >
    > > In news:4F1F1BBC-D125-4DE3-8EEC-74BFF39E594B@microsoft.com,
    > > FLKULCHAR <FLKULCHAR@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > > When I view a photo from a newsgroup, and right-click it in order to save
    > > > it, I am prompted to save it where I do NOT want to save it...
    > > >
    > > > therefore, I must scroll to the proper location on my harddrive so that
    > > > the pic saves itself in the folder that I want it to.
    > > >
    > > > HOW CAN I CHANGE THE DEFAULT LOCATION SO THAT THE PIC, ''AUTOMATICALLY''
    > > > SAVES ITSELF IN THE LOCATION THAT I WANT??
    > > >
    > > > tHANKS, lARRY

    Remember..this is a "save picture as" -- NOT a "save attachment as"

    Please advise.

    larry kulchar

    "FLKULCHAR" wrote:

    > Okay..I am almost there...when I get to the data key via regedit, I am NOT
    > able to write in my location over the default location...I am not familiar
    > with making the change in the regedit menu..
    >
    > How can I change the default location in the data field where you directed
    > me??
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Larry
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    > > Start | Run | Type: regedit | OK
    > >
    > > Navigate to this key:
    > > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{Your unique ID #}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook
    > > Express\5.0
    > > Name: Save Attachment Path
    > > Type: REG_SZ
    > > Data: Set to the location you want.
    > >
    > > If you're using MRUBlaster you have to uncheck this each time you run
    > > MRUBlaster or it deletes the registry entry.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > >
    > > Wes
    > > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > >
    > > In news:4F1F1BBC-D125-4DE3-8EEC-74BFF39E594B@microsoft.com,
    > > FLKULCHAR <FLKULCHAR@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > > When I view a photo from a newsgroup, and right-click it in order to save
    > > > it, I am prompted to save it where I do NOT want to save it...
    > > >
    > > > therefore, I must scroll to the proper location on my harddrive so that
    > > > the pic saves itself in the folder that I want it to.
    > > >
    > > > HOW CAN I CHANGE THE DEFAULT LOCATION SO THAT THE PIC, ''AUTOMATICALLY''
    > > > SAVES ITSELF IN THE LOCATION THAT I WANT??
    > > >
    > > > tHANKS, lARRY

    Outlook Express or Internet Explorer?

    You're using >>> Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000.

    Specify the Default Internet Explorer Download Directory

    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:0B657923-4C5F-47A8-99E3-106FECB47585@microsoft.com,
    FLKULCHAR <FLKULCHAR@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Remember..this is a "save picture as" -- NOT a "save attachment as"
    >
    > Please advise.
    >
    > larry kulchar
    >
    > "FLKULCHAR" wrote:
    >
    >> Okay..I am almost there...when I get to the data key via regedit, I am
    >> NOT able to write in my location over the default location...I am not
    >> familiar with making the change in the regedit menu..
    >>
    >> How can I change the default location in the data field where you
    >> directed me??
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Larry
    >>
    >> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Start | Run | Type: regedit | OK
    >>>
    >>> Navigate to this key:
    >>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{Your unique ID
    >>> #}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0
    >>> Name: Save Attachment Path
    >>> Type: REG_SZ
    >>> Data: Set to the location you want.
    >>>
    >>> If you're using MRUBlaster you have to uncheck this each time you run
    >>> MRUBlaster or it deletes the registry entry.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>>
    >>> Wes
    >>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>>
    >>> In news:4F1F1BBC-D125-4DE3-8EEC-74BFF39E594B@microsoft.com,
    >>> FLKULCHAR <FLKULCHAR@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    The command ...TYPE "REG_SZ" is already there...plus impossible to enter
    data there...I can go to edit menu...enter the location I want...(it
    works)...but, still, Outlook Express continues to work as it did...defaulting
    to another location...

    please continue your help,

    thanks,

    larry

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Outlook Express or Internet Explorer?
    >
    > You're using >>> Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000.
    >
    > Specify the Default Internet Explorer Download Directory
    > http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/842/
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:0B657923-4C5F-47A8-99E3-106FECB47585@microsoft.com,
    > FLKULCHAR <FLKULCHAR@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Remember..this is a "save picture as" -- NOT a "save attachment as"
    > >
    > > Please advise.
    > >
    > > larry kulchar
    > >
    > > "FLKULCHAR" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Okay..I am almost there...when I get to the data key via regedit, I am
    > >> NOT able to write in my location over the default location...I am not
    > >> familiar with making the change in the regedit menu..
    > >>
    > >> How can I change the default location in the data field where you
    > >> directed me??
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >>
    > >> Larry

    The default location is "My Pictures"

    Thanks,

    Larry

    "FLKULCHAR" wrote:

    > When I view a photo from a newsgroup, and right-click it in order to save it,
    > I am prompted to save it where I do NOT want to save it...
    >
    > therefore, I must scroll to the proper location on my harddrive so that the
    > pic saves itself in the folder that I want it to.
    >
    > HOW CAN I CHANGE THE DEFAULT LOCATION SO THAT THE PIC, ''AUTOMATICALLY''
    > SAVES ITSELF IN THE LOCATION THAT I WANT??
    >
    > tHANKS, lARRY

    Hi larry,

    REG_SZ is a Type as in a particular kind, class, or group *not* as in write
    by means of a keyboard.

    There are a couple of ways of doing this. Here's one.

    1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. Navigate to >>
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
    3. In the right pane, double click on Download Directory
    4. In Value data, type or paste the new data for the value, and then click
    OK.
    5. The new data being the location that you want. C:\Documents and
    Settings\Wesley P. Vogel\My Documents\My Download Files for
    example.

    If Download Directory does not exist under
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer...

    1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. Navigate to >>
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
    3. In the right pane, right clack an empty spot, click New, click String
    Value and name it Download Directory.
    4. If you make a mistake and the name is New Value #1, right click it and
    select Rename.
    5. In the right pane, double click on Download Directory

    In news:228C95D4-943B-49AE-8A00-98A5A2B9716D@microsoft.com,
    FLKULCHAR <FLKULCHAR@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > The command ...TYPE "REG_SZ" is already there...plus impossible to enter
    > data there...I can go to edit menu...enter the location I want...(it
    > works)...but, still, Outlook Express continues to work as it
    > did...defaulting to another location...
    >
    > please continue your help,
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > larry
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> Outlook Express or Internet Explorer?
    >>
    >> You're using >>> Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000.
    >>
    >> Specify the Default Internet Explorer Download Directory
    >> http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/842/
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:0B657923-4C5F-47A8-99E3-106FECB47585@microsoft.com,
    >> FLKULCHAR <FLKULCHAR@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Remember..this is a "save picture as" -- NOT a "save attachment as"
    >>>
    >>> Please advise.
    >>>
    >>> larry kulchar

    I am using Outlook Express to view the newsgroup photo....your input has been
    great, but it has NOT fixed the problem...pls continue to help,

    Larry

    "FLKULCHAR" wrote:

    > The default location is "My Pictures"
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Larry
    >
    > "FLKULCHAR" wrote:
    >
    > > When I view a photo from a newsgroup, and right-click it in order to save it,
    > > I am prompted to save it where I do NOT want to save it...
    > >
    > > therefore, I must scroll to the proper location on my harddrive so that the
    > > pic saves itself in the folder that I want it to.
    > >
    > > HOW CAN I CHANGE THE DEFAULT LOCATION SO THAT THE PIC, ''AUTOMATICALLY''
    > > SAVES ITSELF IN THE LOCATION THAT I WANT??
    > >
    > > tHANKS, lARRY

Photo Newsgroup Outlook Express Windows XP