Howard

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001

The "My Documents" window no longer displays normally. Instead of divisions
like "Local drives", "External drives", and so forth [I forget the exact
names], I only get letters of the alphabet: "C", "E", "L", "M", and "R".

I don't know what I did to mess up this screen, but I'd sure appreciate it
if someone can give me a tip on how to reset it to its standard operation.

Thanks!

Howard

Howard, next time in MyComputer select View and choose something other
than Lists.
"Howard" <Howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The "My Documents" window no longer displays normally. Instead of
> divisions
> like "Local drives", "External drives", and so forth [I forget the exact
> names], I only get letters of the alphabet: "C", "E", "L", "M", and "R".
>
> I don't know what I did to mess up this screen, but I'd sure appreciate it
> if someone can give me a tip on how to reset it to its standard operation.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Howard

Howard

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001

Rich,

Thanks so much for your response, but I need to repost my question. I had a
mental short-circuit and wrote "My Documents" when I really meant "My
Computer". Sorry that you wasted your time on my nonsensical post.

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

Try opening My Computer..view..pick Tiles. Then under arrange icons by
pick type and put a check by show in groups.