Startup Hanging

My windows XP machine hangs at startup. I get beyond the windows XP logo
splash screen, but it hangs before I get to the user accounts screen. I've
tried booting my machine via the CD, but I don't want to overwrite my
previous setup. I would like to be able to boot up and find out what the
problem is. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about startup hanging

    Yo can try Windows XP PE or Bart PE, its a free download. Basically its
    Windows XP on a cd, you can boot from the cd, and access all you data. this
    is a good toll if you cannot boot, you can then boot from the cd and repair
    your oringal windows xp install.

    try it out.

    search the net for windows pe or bart pe

    regards
    Ricky

    "pfldparkdistri" wrote:
    > My windows XP machine hangs at startup. I get beyond the
    > windows XP logo
    > splash screen, but it hangs before I get to the user accounts
    > screen. I've
    > tried booting my machine via the CD, but I don't want to
    > overwrite my
    > previous setup. I would like to be able to boot up and find
    > out what the
    > problem is. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

    Try in safe mode.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Startup-Hanging-ftopict376011.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1223210

Microsoft Windows XP