please help, unexplainable xp freeze.

Hello,

I have a COMPAQ Presario running Windows XP SP2 home edition. My system
will freeze constantly, and with out warning. The mouse will not move,
the screen freezes, and the only way out is to hold the power button in
and wait for a reset. this has been an on going problem, and i have yet
to find a resolution. I did the check list from
http://forum.iamnotageek.com/t-1819059447.html. I have also taken many
steps seeking some stability including (but not limeted to): antivirus,
Spybot, Adaware, Spyware Blaster, CWShredder, various on-line
anti-virus/anti-trojan scans, chkdsk /r, resolved all IRQ conflicts,
updated all drivers, resolved all Event Viewer errors (event id 615 in
the security option has yet to resolved.), reseat all PCI cards, IDE
cables, drives, decelerated the hard drive, disabled IE pop up blocker,
temperature is OK, fans seem to be working, disabled hibernation and
disk/monitor shutoffs, disable screensaver, disabled Windows Firewall.
I still have to figgure out how to delete the minibugtransporter.dll
file, however i dont think that is the cause of my freeze up. any and
all ideas are welcome, and i send a very hearty pre-thankyou out to all
that are willing to help.

-nihilist-

|Filename: scan 5-22-05.wps.txt |
|Download: http://www.iamnotageek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19351|

nihilist
nihilist's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=13044
View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819074501

A freeze is always a hardware driver. Try limiting the hardware to the basics, and work up.

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509