Discs of Tron Gameplay

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Does anyone have thoughts on Discs of Tron gameplay. I find myself
looking for one, but I haven't played 1 in about 20yrs. I don't really
remember what I thought of it. I like tron but think I'm after a DOT to
have something unique in my collection. It would be the 1st game I
consider a keeper that isn't based on gameplay. I know of 1 about 1 1/2
hours from me (at Lyon's pinball), but I can't make it before an
auction for 1 ends. Any thoughts on gameplay and how long it stays
interesting?
Jerry

I love Discs of Tron! Alas I don't own one (wish I could because it
looks fantastic) but I do have it loaded on my MAME box and it is one
of the titles I keep going back to time and time again. Highly
recommend it.
As with any games you vaguely remember but are not sure about, MAME is
a perfect "try before you buy" program.

guinness

The game rocks. Whats great about it is that you can develop different
styles of throwing discs (conservative, risky, hazardous). Combined with
speech and the ongoing change in landscapes, the game flows well.

Originally DOT was suppose to be the 5th phase of Tron. If that had occurred
TRON would be my all time favorite (oh wait a minute, it is anyways :).
Another thing, it has a good resell value. If you find its shelf life is
limited after you buy it, you should have no problems dumping it.

tim (NH)

"Jerry" <jpl_812@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have thoughts on Discs of Tron gameplay. I find myself
> looking for one, but I haven't played 1 in about 20yrs. I don't really
> remember what I thought of it. I like tron but think I'm after a DOT to
> have something unique in my collection. It would be the 1st game I
> consider a keeper that isn't based on gameplay. I know of 1 about 1 1/2
> hours from me (at Lyon's pinball), but I can't make it before an
> auction for 1 ends. Any thoughts on gameplay and how long it stays
> interesting?
> Jerry

Todd

DOT is one of my favorites in my collection, I play it at least once a
week, not just the cab art and graffics but the game play is addictive.
Pick one up if you can. Todd

Fantastic gameplay. The EDOT is spectacular with the speech and
fluorescents.