Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Leave laptop on charger w/o battery!

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
August 27, 2012 4:46:17 PM

hello everyone,
i have a question about my laptop, if i take the battery out and just leave it plugged in all day will it affect it?

any help is appreciated :) 
a b D Laptop
August 27, 2012 4:56:45 PM

No, it should not affect it, as the system still gets it's power.
m
l
a b D Laptop
August 27, 2012 5:05:29 PM

the power cord supplies enough power. the only thing to be wary of of course is unplugging it because it will force shutdown on you.
m
l
Related resources
August 27, 2012 5:10:18 PM

true, see im in college and i want to use it mostly as a desktop cuz its kind of heavy hahaha
m
l

Best solution

a c 439 D Laptop
August 27, 2012 6:54:05 PM

I disconnect the battery from my laptop after it is fully charged. My laptop is more or less plug to the A/C outlet 24/7. Keeping the battery in the laptop while connected to the A/C outlet for a prolonged period of time can overcharge the battery and more or less kill it.

This is why some brands (like Samsung I believe) only allows the battery to be charged to 80% unless you override it. I plug in my battery about once every two months to bring it back to a 100% charge because batteries self discharge over time. I do this just in case I actually do have to bring my laptop somewhere so I don't have to plug in the battery for too long to get to a full charge.
August 27, 2012 7:28:09 PM

Best answer selected by yogi6994.
m
l
!