Puzzling hardware and networking questions

rajivkv

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Hello,

can I get puzzling and difficult hardware and networking questions and answers mailed to rkrcldy@gmail.com?Please it would be very much appreciable.I have an interview tomorrow.

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
@ss202sl I think he's just looking for tough questions that people may expect at an interview for a networking job, it's not cheating, it's just preparation.

@op,
I don't know anything that would directly help you, but I will offer some advice. I work as a software engineer, and have been close to the hiring process a few times; a lot of times, the interviewer isn't looking for a right answer. They will ask a difficult question to see how you respond and think under pressure, just keep your head on your shoulders and talk through the steps you would follow to try to diagnose the issue with the interviewer, if the interviewer continues to supply you with information, simply continue trying to narrow down the problem. If you get to a point where you are out of ideas, don't be afraid to just say "I would seek advice from a co-worker who has had more experience" and/or explain possible solutions you can rule out based on the information given.

Sometimes, these questions are impossible, or are something that would take a number of veterans a substantial amount of effort to resolve. You should be able to answer basic questions, and be able to show the ability to remain calm and work through more complex problems; whether or not you find a final solution isn't usually as important as demonstrating that you can contribute to a group trying to solve a difficult problem.

hwangchan

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
If they are looking for Q&A, its more likely they are hiring a position and need a technical test.

That said, to make difficult questions for hardware or networking, they would likely need to be vague with multiple possible correct answers.. Little in hardware / networking is "difficult" until you experience problems, which is often enough.

Maybe someone would be kind enough to create such a quiz, but I would doubt it would be tailored to your specific needs for the assumed position (ex. System integrator, IT Manager, Network Engineer, Service Technician ect.), of which you gave no information. All have different roles and specialties and would have slightly different technical requirements.

I suppose you right. I agree that if you're looking for the right person, they would be someone that is not afraid to use any resource available(including co-workers) to help get through a problem. Sometimes the route to the answer tells more about the person than the answer itself.