Crashing/Errors after 1 minute in 3d type atmosphe

fahimaz7

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2004
Ok, I've recently built a computer from the ground up. Here's a brief overview of the components:

Asus P5GD1 motherboard
Intel P4 3.0 Prescott w/ LGA775 chipset and HT
200 gig WD SATA HD
2 gigs of Kingston DDR400 Duel Channel Ram (same model)
Chaintech 6600GT Video Card PCIe
Liteon DVD/CDRW combo Drive
Antec Case w/ true power 380 PSU

Basically, every time I run a program I get windows errors and the program shuts down within the first minute of running it. My CPU is running below 40degrees (28 at idle). I have SP2 and the newest BIOS updates for the MoBO as well as the new drivers for the Video card.

I've had the blue screen of death twice.

Let me know what I need to do to show you more.

PS. I'm not totally familure with all of the Bios setting that could be causing this problem I've done everything that I could think of and I'm still crashing as soon as I get into any 3D type program (EQ2, Warcraft, Motocross Madness, 3dmark03, 3dmark05 etc.) So, if you want me to do Bios type stuff msg me or explain it well on here.

What could be causing these windows issues? It's like it's locking up?

Scott
AOLIM: JAwbonez22

MSG me if it's easier. I'd love the help. Getting really frustrated

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
What OS are you using ?
If XP, you might be the only few (I mean 1-2) people who I heard got a BSOD suring the OS operation.

It might be some files missing, doesnt look like hardware. But dunno for sure.

Goto Control Panel> Admin Tools > Event Viewer
Now chk in there what all stuff is failing. Like see the RED and YELLOW marks under Application/System.

It might be a driver issue or something, but there you'll get an idea of what crashed.

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/fing.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
BSOD under XP normally indicates a RAM problem, try running with only 2 of those modules. If you still have problems, try the other 2. That assumes you're using 4 modules.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>