"Network Busy" in Ottawa for the last 2 days

I've been getting this message everywhere I've gone for the last two
days. It seems to occur in the evenings and I've experienced it in
the Market, at UOttawa, at Lincoln Fields... everywhere. I had to
leave my phone redialing for 40 minutes last night (around 10pm)
before I could get through. Anyone else have this problem?
3 answers Last reply
More about network busy ottawa days

    It has been fine for me in the west end (Bells Corners, eastern
    Kanata). I would guess that Fido's new unlimited incoming plan has
    been very popular with returning university and college students, so
    it's getting jammed where and when they gather in numbers.

    Ian

    sbdot@mailandnews.com (sbdot) wrote in message news:<6212bd00.0409142030.2bec8cf6@posting.google.com>...
    > I've been getting this message everywhere I've gone for the last two
    > days. It seems to occur in the evenings and I've experienced it in
    > the Market, at UOttawa, at Lincoln Fields... everywhere. I had to
    > leave my phone redialing for 40 minutes last night (around 10pm)
    > before I could get through. Anyone else have this problem?

    I work at U of O and used my phone twice today no problem.

    sbdot wrote:

    > I've been getting this message everywhere I've gone for the last two
    > days. It seems to occur in the evenings and I've experienced it in
    > the Market, at UOttawa, at Lincoln Fields... everywhere. I had to
    > leave my phone redialing for 40 minutes last night (around 10pm)
    > before I could get through. Anyone else have this problem?

    I had this problem once and phoned Fido from another phone. Basically, my
    phone's OS crashed.

    Just like a computer, a re-boot might help.

    "<Jon>" <jon@canada.ca> wrote in message
    >I work at U of O and used my phone twice today no problem.
    >
    > sbdot wrote:
    >
    >> I've been getting this message everywhere I've gone for the last two
    >> days. It seems to occur in the evenings and I've experienced it in
    >> the Market, at UOttawa, at Lincoln Fields... everywhere. I had to
    >> leave my phone redialing for 40 minutes last night (around 10pm)
    >> before I could get through. Anyone else have this problem?

Fido Internet Service Providers