Need help to buy Laptop! ( Gaming )

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratou11

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Hello everyone!
I curently have an Inspiron 550, that doesn't fit AT ALL my gaming needs :p I have now bought GW2 and having FPS under 10 all the time, with Graphics at lowest and gamebooster runing is just unsupportable.

1. What is your budget? I must admit 800$ and over is getting too high for me, I'd need soemthing between 500 and 700.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? I do not know what you mean by size, but if It's size of the screen, I do not care much...

3. What screen resolution do you want? It's NOT the most important thing for me, as long as I can run smoothly with med-high graphics on modern games.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? It will need to fit my everyday use...

5. How much battery life do you need? It's not a criteria that worries me much, It will probably be plugged most of the time, but the longer the better :D

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Minecrfat at high( not too difficult), Guild wars 2 , at medium-good quality, and futur games...

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Yes video editing, also texts ( Word).

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Nothing specified, as I said, I need lowest price as possible, so I don't want to raise the price only for storage...

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I have looked through a few sites, had different reviews, but I want to start from a fresh start here...

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? During a few years, maybe about 5?

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Nothing specifiic

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. At first, I wanted to buy Dell, I looked a lot through their site, looked at a LOT of sales, had my idea, but when i came on different forums to get opinions from different people, I was told that DELL laptops at this price range really aren't for gaming ( inspiron). So I tihnk I'll forget about DELL. I have always feared HP, because some of my friends had some bad experiences with it. But here I am in a zone I do not know well, with AMD/Asus, so this is why I need you guys to help me out...

13. What country do you live in? Canada!

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Well that's about it, a decent laptop, that could smoothly run modern games. Not asking for an alienware at 1200$, but I'd need something decent. Maybe asus? Anyways, as said earlier, the storage doesn't matter much, neither does the look or weight, I want to know, is the Graphic card, processor and RAM good enough? If you see any good laptop on sale don't hesitate to tell me, I'll need lowes price as possible. ( still don't want cheap computer)

Thanks for answering as soon as you can :)

P.s. Personally, with the info I gathered, I shouldn't buy intel intergrated for games, but I was told that Radeon HD 6850m and Geforce 555m graphic cards were good for my price range..

ratou11

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
I was scared of HP, but I'll inform myself a bit... I starte dcustomizing the Dv6z on HP website, and the price looks really awesome :) Thank you!

I'll probably need a bit of help choosing the processor and videocard though... not sure about certain things

ratou11

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
I think the coupon for the lenovo doesn't work anymore though, it's costing 1200$, and when i enter coupon it says for me....

If I get to activate the coupon, you say this would be the best performance i could get for this price? okay thank you :)

ratou11

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
I do have a last question, the HD screen adds a lot more money, only for HD. I like performance so I boosted my graphic card to the best one ( 2GB) and my processor to the 2nd one ( Quad core A8). Will it be really inconvenient without the HD screen? or is 1366x768 okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.