Ordered HL2

rx7000

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2003
I just ordered HL2 (Mostly for Dod source and Cs Source). I just hope hl2 dont follow the trends of games of today getting released and barley being finished.

The past 4 games Ive bought have all had this problem pretty bad. Evil Genuis, Far Cry, Star Wars Battlefronts, Battlefield Vietnam. I hope for the amount of time its taking them the game is perfect, but who knows...

Asus p4c800 Deluxe,1 Gig Mushkin PC3200 Dual Channel Level II V2,Pentium 4 3.0 512k 800fsb HT, Thermaltake Xaser III, Thermaltake Spark 7+, Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro, eVGA GeForce 6800 GT

Ion

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
From the reviews the game seems to be very polished, so i don't expect any major problem with the game. Just that my rig can't run it in max detail. :frown:

PS.I find a retailer with collector edition... :smile:

Asus A7N8X Deluxe, Xp 2500+(3200+), 1GB RAM, HIS Radeon 9500Pro

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
lol, HL2 is probably the last game you should be worrying about, judging by how overwhelmingly positive the reviews have been so far...

<A HREF="http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/landing/landingIndex.jsp?id=dumb01&mature=accept" target="_new">DumbLand</A>

eden

Champion
Yeah, we often think of the upcoming game as "this time for real it'll be great!". This time though, I have a hunch it will not fail, no matter what. I can already feel it anyways, and the recent trailers have not lacked showing it.

--
<font color=blue>Ede</font color=blue>

pauldh

Illustrious
HL2 will be great, or I'll give you a Socket 3 mobo/cpu and 1MB STB PCI Video Card. (you pay shipping). :smile:

Actually i do expect great things out of this game, I'm just not a gambler.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
duh !!!!

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/fing.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue:

rx7000

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2003
At least valve wont be on my heart break list, but I guess if you had to pay to be the beta tester, what better game than hl2.

On a side note cs source looks and feels great, Im just looking foward to seeing a variety of model skins and more maps.

Asus p4c800 Deluxe,1 Gig Mushkin PC3200 Dual Channel Level II V2,Pentium 4 3.0 512k 800fsb HT, Thermaltake Xaser III, Thermaltake Spark 7+, Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro, eVGA GeForce 6800 GT

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
I don't own XBox, and I don't know if any of you own it, but Halo 2 scored a <i><b>9.8</i></b> on IGN.

Between last summer and the upcoming holiday season, I'd say that this is one of the best periods for new releases I can ever remember.

<A HREF="http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/landing/landingIndex.jsp?id=dumb01&mature=accept" target="_new">DumbLand</A>

Wicked_Spider

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2004
did you get the silver package?
HL2 is gonna be great but i guess its inavidable to make a bug free game. Valve were the patching kings for HL dont think a game has been more patched than HL hope we wont see this in HL2, although with steam its less of an hassle :)

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Before January, console and PC gamers, respectively, will have

<b>Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
Halo 2
Half-Life 2
World of Warcraft
Everquest 2
Nintendo DS
Metroid Prime Echoes
Resident Evil 4
Sid Meier's Pirates!!
Dungeon Lords
Jak 3
Need for Speed Underground 2
COD: Finest Hour
Ghost Recon 2
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within</b>

At a slight risk of argument, I would say that every one of these titles will be excellent, and a few will even be truly great. Forgive me if I forgot to mention any other hotly-anticipated titles...

<A HREF="http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/landing/landingIndex.jsp?id=dumb01&mature=accept" target="_new">DumbLand</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sweatlaserxp on 11/08/04 06:18 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

rx7000

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2003
Hey thanks laser, I didnt know about Sid Miers pirates, Im a huge Sid Mier fan and belive anything he puts out will be a great game. Lookin foward to that. (One of his first games Civilization (The origional) was the first computer game I ever played (12-13??) That was one of the first games that made me forget about what my consoles were for about a year at the time).

We have just about every console in my house but after playing Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and experincing what a joke that was I can honestly say I will never buy another console game untill Grand Turismo 4 comes out. X-Box could barley handle fable and the game had TONS of noticible slowdown. I think its going to be just as bad with Halo 2, I think current consoles have reached their boiling point and new games are constantly pushing them past it regardless if they can handle them well or not. Youd probably be well advised to wait for the pc version of halo 2, im sure itll be more enjoyable.

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
any news abt quake 4 ?
and D3 expansion pack ?

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/fing.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue:

eden

Champion
but Halo 2 scored a 9.8 on IGN.
Metroid Prime had scored 9.8 too. There's no doubt about it, such a high score means instant classic.

And I agree, this season's amazingly crammed. In fact, way too much!

--

eden

Champion
HL2 will be great, or I'll give you a Socket 3 mobo/cpu and 1MB STB PCI Video Card. (you pay shipping).
I'll wager you the million dollars I don't have at the bank it will rock! :wink:

--
<font color=blue>Ede</font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 11/09/04 01:04 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

rx7000

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2003
I cant get into medal of honor, I feel CoD and DoD are superior. (CoD Single player, Dod multi).

I think Dod Source is going to take the WWII Genre by the balls.

mopeygoth

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2003
2k5
<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/games/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=11893#11893" target="_new">http://forumz.tomshardware.com/games/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=11893#11893</A>

doom3exp i don't know, but i think it will be hard to miss :p

Abit IC7 Max II Advance - P4E3.0@3.45- i875P - 1024mb dual ddr400 3-2-2-6 - Leadtek 6800 128mb@380/850 - 600W dualfan(front/rear) PowerTek Psu - maxtor 4K080H4 & 6Y120P0 - samsung sm-352b

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
I bought Paper Mario for the gamecube, it is much funner than the final release of HL2 on edonkey. Plus aren't any of you MMORG fans? WoW is out at the end of the month as well and WoW is ok nothing EQ2 but still Blizzard fun.

Xeon

<font color=red>Post created with being a dickhead in mind.</font color=red>
<font color=white>For all emotional and slanderous statements contact THG for all law suits.</font color=white>

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
any news abt quake 4 ?
and D3 expansion pack ?
D3 expansion pack is probably quite a ways off, there is barely even any info on it. Quake 4 will probably be no sooner than late spring '05, I imagine. XBox Halo 2 will probably have a lot of slowdown, the first one certainly did. God I feel like an idiot for selling my GameCube- I had the Wavebird too- throw Windwaker in there and it's a recipe for laziness!!! Resident Evil 4 is coming out, and that new Zelda game is coming out probably next summer and it should be stellar. Metroid Prime Echoes is extremely tempting too. I always liked the GameCube despite the skimpy library. Nintendo likes to do really creative things with 3D rather than just trying to go for sheer realism. Watch the sun break through the clouds on the ocean, at sunset, in Windwaker and tell me that isn't one of the most gorgeous things you've ever seen in a game...

BTW I didn't mention <b>GTA San Andreas</b> because it's already out.

eden

Champion
Ah man you're tempting me to do replay some of my GC games. MP:E is very likely gonna rock. MP was one classic I'll never forget. There's something about that game's atmosphere, though often dark, being immersive. I really felt alone on the planet in that game, well, as the only human.
You should never have sold your GC man!

I always liked the GameCube despite the skimpy library. Nintendo likes to do really creative things with 3D rather than just trying to go for sheer realism.
Heck, Mario Sunshine's been quite underrated for its graphics IMO. Though simple, the water in there is one of the most pleasing and amazing ones out there. I feel it is more fun to swim and nicer in there than the FarCry water effects. Ever seen the water in there? The GC can do some nice effects despite lacking DX8 class effects.

--

G

Talking about farcry, i would have thought they would have put more realism in the water effects it all looks pretty but it doesnt ripple when you walk in it. when they implement that then it will be amazingly life like.

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
I sold my GameCube because I didn't want any more distractions, and I got decent money for it. I would love to have finished Windwaker, but anyway life goes on. The water SM Sunshine looks awesome, very impressive. I thought that was a damn cool game. Great, creative graphics and lots of sidequests to keep you distracted. Metroid Prime was a lot of fun; I have to admit though that I started to lose interest towards the end of the game, but overall that game was so beautifully produced. The control was damn near perfect, the weapons/goggle switching was tight, the graphics were unbelievable for a console system.