Replacement Fan for 9600XT (256) where to buy?

zero9ine

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2002
I have a Gecube ([-peep-]) 9600XT (256mb ram) Graphics card, and the fan is now pissing me off.

The card is just over 2 months old, and has started to make a wierd 'whirrr' noise upon booting up the PC in the mornings (after its been off for a number of hours).

I have pulled the fan off, and oiled it, sprayed CO Contact Cleaner (safe electronic cleaner) in the fan to clear off any [-peep-] bits and then re-oiled, Ive taken the card back to the shop only to be told its older than 30 days so they would have to send the card back to the manufacturer to repair, to which I cant do cos I work from home and need it for my PC to do work on.

Anyway... Is there anything I can do now other than set fire to this beast? Perhaps buying a replacement fan for it?

I dont want to fork out $200 for a new card at this stage so Im up for alternatives.

If so where would I purchase one that would fit the card?
Iam in Australia so I dont mind ordering off the net as long as its going to screw into the existing holes on the cards heatsink or its simple enough to do (as Im no tech mod junkie yet)

Anyone know of any good stores/online shops that supply these parts perhaps?

--
zero9ine

blackphoenix77

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2004
Get an Iceberq Pro...I think thats what its called. You can get it off Newegg. It might be Iceberq II or something...

<font color=blue>AthlonXP-M 2500+(12x200)</font color=blue>|<font color=green>Abit NF7-S</font color=green>|<font color=red>Kingston DDR400 2x256Mb</font color=red>|<font color=purple>NEC Accucync90 19"</font color=purple>|<font color=black>Sapphire 9600XT</font color=black>

zero9ine

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2002
Yeah I have been looking on http://www.pccasegear.com/ for a replacement, I found this one http://www.pccasegear.com/prod890.htm Vantec Iceberg 4 which seems to look like it will fit my 9600XT as its a 9600 series card.

Will I end up having to remove the existing heatsink from the card?

As I didnt want to go overboard and replace everything on the board and the heatsiink thats already on there is pretty large wrapping around the front and back of the board, just the space for the fan seems to be approx 45mm circular space for the fan thats sitting in there now.

--
zero9ine