Unable Install Program - Weird Message Boxes Pops Up

Mary

Trying to reinstall a Quicken program. I think I may have messed up on
something because now I'm unable to reinstall Quicken. The InstallSheild
Wizard box pops us and performs. Once I accept the agreement of the program,
it continues on when suddenly it stops and a small box pops us stating the
following:

"Setup could not find a file on the specified path or disk"
"Please check that the proper disk is inserted or specify a new path"
"Unable to locate file
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\pft85.tmp\Disk1\Quicken2005.msi"

I did do a search, but was not able to find any file matching that. Also I
notice I get different numbers on the pft file. Last time it was pft39A.temp.

If I click that I want to retry to reinstall then another box appears as
follows:
"Error 1706 No valid source could be found for product Quicken 2005.
Windows Installsheild cannot continue"

Then as I close the wizard another and final box appears as follows:
"Error: -1603 fatal error during installation. Consult window installer
help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for information"

How can I go about find this file and how can I correct this? Thank You

The error message appears if the original installation source is uncompressed, and the current source is compressed or vice versa.
For example, if an administrator performs an administrative installation by using a package that has a word count summary property
of 2 or 3, users who initially installed the application from the administrative image cannot reinstall it from the original media
source.

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509