The procedure entry point WSAProviderConfigChange could no..

May 23, 2005 9:50:25 AM

This error message '' The procedure entry point
WSAProviderConfigChange could not be located in the dynamic library
WS2_32.dll.'' keeps poping up.
Can anybody help me to get rid of it ,im using windows xp home.
Thanks
Pete
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 2:25:53 AM

boogiebrother69@hotmail.com wrote:

>This error message '' The procedure entry point
>WSAProviderConfigChange could not be located in the dynamic library
>WS2_32.dll.'' keeps poping up.
>Can anybody help me to get rid of it ,im using windows xp home.
>Thanks
>Pete

Somehow the WS2_32.DLL file has been replaced by an older version.

Search your hard drive for the file WS2_32.DLL. For each copy that is
found right-click on the file name, select Properties, and go to the
Version tab.

The copy in your \Windows\System32 folder should/must be 5.1.2600.2180
Any older versions should be deleted or renamed to WS2_32.JNK for
later deletion.

Good luck
Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--