The procedure entry point WSAProviderConfigChange could no..

This error message '' The procedure entry point
WSAProviderConfigChange could not be located in the dynamic library
WS2_32.dll.'' keeps poping up.
Can anybody help me to get rid of it ,im using windows xp home.
Thanks
Pete
1 answer Last reply
More about procedure entry point wsaproviderconfigchange

    boogiebrother69@hotmail.com wrote:

    >This error message '' The procedure entry point
    >WSAProviderConfigChange could not be located in the dynamic library
    >WS2_32.dll.'' keeps poping up.
    >Can anybody help me to get rid of it ,im using windows xp home.
    >Thanks
    >Pete

    Somehow the WS2_32.DLL file has been replaced by an older version.

    Search your hard drive for the file WS2_32.DLL. For each copy that is
    found right-click on the file name, select Properties, and go to the
    Version tab.

    The copy in your \Windows\System32 folder should/must be 5.1.2600.2180
    Any older versions should be deleted or renamed to WS2_32.JNK for
    later deletion.

    Good luck
    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --