Can I retrieve deleted Email?

May 23, 2005 5:38:18 PM

I have accidently deleted an important email and before I realised emptied
the 'deleted items' folder.
Is there any way that I can now retrieve this email?
I am using Windows XP Home SP2.

Is it possible to retrieve this email somehow? or is it gone forever?

More about : retrieve deleted email

May 23, 2005 5:38:19 PM

No, it is gone.

"John Gudgin" <johngudgin@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>I have accidently deleted an important email and before I realised emptied
>the 'deleted items' folder.
> Is there any way that I can now retrieve this email?
> I am using Windows XP Home SP2.
>
> Is it possible to retrieve this email somehow? or is it gone forever?

Anonymous
May 23, 2005 11:54:24 PM

If you haven't been doing a lot of computing its possible its not been
written over yet.
You simply run one of the many un-delete programs on the folder or the whole
drive and find the folder and file. Assuming you know path and file name
its pretty easy,,, again assuming the hard drive hasn't overwritten the
spot it occupied on the hard drive.

One tiny prog sitting here now is by Brian Kato, not overly configurable but
simple - will search filename or partial name or extension.
Restoration 2.5.1.4 might search for it.

news:o Zv4GU6XFHA.3040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

!