Bitmap file not a valid Win32 application

I get the following message when trying to open a .bmp file from a directory
- "...bmp file not a valid Win32 application". The only thing I have done to
my computer lately was a chkdsk.
1 answer Last reply
More about bitmap file valid win32 application

    "SCI-gunclub" <SCI-gunclub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I get the following message when trying to open a .bmp file from a
    directory
    > - "...bmp file not a valid Win32 application". The only thing I have done
    > my computer lately was a chkdsk.
    Of course a bitmap file is not a valid Win32 application. It is not an
    application at all.
    What does the properties tab return for the application for this file type?
    That is most likely where the problem lies.
    Jim

Win32 Support Microsoft Windows XP