Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Bitmap file not a valid Win32 application

Tags:
  • Win32
  • Support
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
May 23, 2005 2:16:48 PM

I get the following message when trying to open a .bmp file from a directory
- "...bmp file not a valid Win32 application". The only thing I have done to
my computer lately was a chkdsk.

More about : bitmap file valid win32 application

May 24, 2005 12:06:09 AM

"SCI-gunclub" <SCI-gunclub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D F9B4AA7-7FE3-4B45-9B12-38628C97427E@microsoft.com...
> I get the following message when trying to open a .bmp file from a
directory
> - "...bmp file not a valid Win32 application". The only thing I have done
> my computer lately was a chkdsk.
Of course a bitmap file is not a valid Win32 application. It is not an
application at all.
What does the properties tab return for the application for this file type?
That is most likely where the problem lies.
Jim