XP will not let me back into PC

I am able to sign on my PC with my password but then I get a message that
says Windows cannot verify the license to this pc. Only microsoft can
reactivate.
I do not have a restore disk for my pc or a disk for Windows XP because it
was installed when I bought the pc. What do I do?

Possible Resolution:

Boot into "Safe Mode" by pressing (F8) during a reboot.

A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315222&Product=winxp

Go to Start > Run and type: regsvr32 regwizc.dll , and hit enter.
Then go again to Start > Run and type: regsvr32 licdll.dll , and hit enter again.

Apparently, and I can't say how, the above files became unregistered.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP