0xc0000005 exception - file mshtml.dll

May 23, 2005 3:38:36 PM

This 0xc0000005 exception keeps crashing my internet explorer 6. It has
been doing it all week on XP SP1 and then on 2 when I updated over the
weekend. The file it mentions is mshtml.dll.

I have tried all sorts but it is really unbearable - especially if I am
trying to do something that involves staying online for a while.

I have the latest windows xp and updates as I have searched for updates
just this morning.

Any advice to sort out this problem?

--
cmofish
cmofish's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1548

cmofish <cmofish.1phvyn@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote:

>This 0xc0000005 exception keeps crashing my internet explorer 6. It has
>been doing it all week on XP SP1 and then on 2 when I updated over the
>weekend. The file it mentions is mshtml.dll.
>
>I have tried all sorts but it is really unbearable - especially if I am
>trying to do something that involves staying online for a while.
>
>I have the latest windows xp and updates as I have searched for updates
>just this morning.
>
>Any advice to sort out this problem?

The following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base may be relevant
to your problem:

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 832823
You receive an "Access Violation (0xC0000005 exception)" error in
Internet Explorer 6.0
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=832823

Note that if you phone for the hotfix you must make it clear that you
are looking for this fix and that you expect the call to be free. You
must also convince them that you have the specific problem that this
hotfix is intended to repair; and lastly you must confine your
questions and comments to this hotfix item. If you digress into other
matters then the conversation does become a paid support call.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP