Why is my computer running so SLOW??

I am running XP Pro. I have been having little problems here & there
recently, but the past 6 weeks or so, my computer is running so slow that I
could take a nap while a window is loading.

I can't do a system restore because it wont restore ANYwhere. I've tried
going back 5 months, I've tried every single day that is bold lettered &
always check to see that there is a restore point there. Still, nothing. I
have checked to make sure it isn't disabled.

So you can imagine how very frustrated I am at this point. So before giving
my computer flying lessons, I thought I'd come to you guys to see if you can
help me figure out how I can become less frustrated. My scalp really hurts
from pulling out all the hair.

Thanks in advance,
2 answers Last reply
More about computer running slow

    Start here:

    There may be corrupted data in system Restore.
    Turn off/on System Restore to delete corrupted files:
    Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore.
    Click System Restore Settings on left side.
    Check "Turn off System Restore", click OK, follow prompts and reboot.
    This deletes ALL Restore Points including corruption.
    Then go back and turn on system Restore and create a Restore Point.
    Otherwise:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/faqsrwxp.mspx

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "BabyG" <bbg3525@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I am running XP Pro. I have been having little problems here & there
    > recently, but the past 6 weeks or so, my computer is running so slow that
    > could take a nap while a window is loading.
    >
    > I can't do a system restore because it wont restore ANYwhere. I've tried
    > going back 5 months, I've tried every single day that is bold lettered &
    > always check to see that there is a restore point there. Still, nothing.
    > have checked to make sure it isn't disabled.
    >
    > So you can imagine how very frustrated I am at this point. So before
    > giving
    > my computer flying lessons, I thought I'd come to you guys to see if you
    > can
    > help me figure out how I can become less frustrated. My scalp really
    > hurts
    > from pulling out all the hair.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,

    Take out the Trash
    http://aumha.org/a/health.php#tip6

    Quickfix Protocol
    http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

    --
    Good Day
    River Rat

    "BabyG" <bbg3525@aol.com> wrote in message
    I am running XP Pro. I have been having little problems here & there
    recently, but the past 6 weeks or so, my computer is running so slow that I
    could take a nap while a window is loading.

    I can't do a system restore because it wont restore ANYwhere. I've tried
    going back 5 months, I've tried every single day that is bold lettered &
    always check to see that there is a restore point there. Still, nothing. I
    have checked to make sure it isn't disabled.

    So you can imagine how very frustrated I am at this point. So before giving
    my computer flying lessons, I thought I'd come to you guys to see if you can
    help me figure out how I can become less frustrated. My scalp really hurts
    from pulling out all the hair.

    Thanks in advance,

Computers Microsoft System Restore Windows XP