Status
Not open for further replies.

geekomancer

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
Hi Tom's Hardware Community! :hello:

Its my First time here on the Forums. ;)

The reason is i am Planing to buy a laptop in the Next 4 or 5 months, And thought it best to Do some research before i buy.
There are 2 things i would like to ask...

1: I already have a laptop in mind that Suits my Needs Perfectly "Dell Inspiron n5520 (2012 Edition)"

Specs: Intel® Core™ i7, 8 GB Ram, 1TB HDD, And 1GB AMD Radeon HD 7670M.

After reading through the Reviews of this laptop i found that most People cant get the Dedicated Graphics To work and only Intel HD 4000 is Used by the Apps and Games...

The only reason i want to buy this laptop is that its in my Budget Range, And has enough HDD and Good Graphics. but the fear of Graphic Card Not working Properly is keeping me away from it...

Any Ideas?

2: If there is any laptop you can suggest to me that has the Similar Stats as above and based on the Info provided below...Please Do...

1. Budget = 750$ - 950$

2. Should have a Min of 14 Inch Display or a Max OF 15.6 Inch Display. (15.6 Recommended).

3. Resolution 1366 x 768. HD Display.

4. Portability Does not matter but Must not weigh over 3KG.

5. Battery Life 3+ Hours.

6. Yes i do love Gaming, :bounce: at Medium to High Settings... (Games preference: Team Fortress 2, Skyrim, BF3, MW3, Crysis Series, and Upcoming Releases be playable on at least Medium Settings)

7. Yes i do A lot of Graphic Designing/ Video Editing. also i Do Some Basic 3D Modeling.

8. 750 GB - 1TB HDD Required ( 1TB Recommended ).

9. Preferred Links: Note that Prices are given in PKR... (1 USD = 95 PKR )

http://www.mega.pk/laptop/
http://www.shophive.com/shophive/Laptops-c-263&view_alll=yes.pakistan.html

10. I want to keep the laptop for 2 - 3 years.

11. Optical drive Needed = DVD ROM/Writer.

12. I would Prefer Buying from Dell, HP, Lenovo, or Acer. (The range of Lenovo and Acer laptop models in my Country is very Small so Most models may not be available in my Country)

13. I live in Pakistan.

Please Help!

Thanks In Advance!!!

geekomancer

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
@andrewcarr! Awesome Laptop... Sadly Not available in my Country! (But if i am left with no other choice, i will definitely buy this one no matter what)...

Until then More Suggestions Please!!!

ram1009

Distinguished
Just in case you don't already know this: A laptop (portable computer) is NOT a portable desktop. It will not do everything a desktop will do. If it would, desktops would have already disappeared. Modern games are the most taxing thing you can do with any computer. Portables will NOT run games the way desktops will no matter what you pay for them. To save yourself a lot of grief I suggest you find a friend with a laptop as close as possible to what you can afford and see how one of your games runs on it. I sincerely hope you'll be happy but I doubt it. I just hate to see people waste money.

geekomancer

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
@ Ram1009! I appreciate your Concern mate! But i know that laptop lacks the performance of Gaming Needs... But the thing is i need a laptop because i have to take it to the University for projects, And on the spot Video editing, And in Breaks... Me and my Friends (And 3 of our Teachers) Play Multiplayer FPS games...
and once i am finished from the University i plan to Build a 6k Rig!!! :D

@andrewcarr! i did some research on Y580... I think there is hardly any brand that is providing that much performance and a solid build for such a low price...I think i will buy Y580 as i have found a Local Importer/ Lenovo Business Partner!!! :D
Thanks for your help Buddy!!!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.