Willy here... I'm pissed I bought HL2 at BB and...

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
AND I CANT F**KING PLAY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know if theres a way around this steam activation crap for the single player part?

Maybe I'll just have to download the 4.12 betas and sit around till Monday night=/

Or I can dream about the car I'm getting next month!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2497943170

And yeah... it's legit. I've been talking to the guy and he said he'd give it to me for 3k. I'll have to fly out to florida and drive it back. I showed it to some gear-heads I know and they said it was probly putting out at LEAST 350hp right now. OMG I'm getting a bon3r just thinking about it... I gotta stop.

Me: are you saying I can't provide?
Me: cause I know I can provide.
Me: oh and I can provide money too;)
Rachel:): why do we need money when we can just stay in our room and have sex all day?

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Ok VALVE has ofiicially said it. If they unlock HL2, vivendi will unlock their lawyers.

"If you have purchased a copy of Half-Life 2, we are sorry you are still waiting to play. This is not Valve's choice. Vivendi is insisting that the game has not yet been released, and has threatened that Valve would be in violation of its contract if we activate the Half-Life 2 Steam authentication servers at this time.

Thanks for your patience and we will update you when we have more news to share. "

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/fing.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue:

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Yeah yeah, ive read that. I want a HACK!! Everything i need is on my computer... surely there's some way I can bypass the checking with steam thing.

Rachel:): why do we need money when we can just stay in our room and have sex all day?

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
<A HREF="http://www.users.qwest.net/~amerrill/nirv-gabe_newell.wav" target="_new">http://www.users.qwest.net/~amerrill/nirv-gabe_newell.wav</A>

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/fing.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue:

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
I sent a nice message to Vivendi giving them my 2 cents;)

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
<A HREF="http://streamingmovies.ign.com/pc/article/566/566101/g4hl2_111204_wmvlow.wmv?wu=http://media.pc.ign.com/media/492/492830/vid_988587.html?mu=<URL/>" target="_new">http://streamingmovies.ign.com/pc/article/566/566101/g4hl2_111204_wmvlow.wmv?wu=http://media.pc.ign.com/media/492/492830/vid_988587.html?mu=<URL/></A>

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
www.shareconnector.com forums search for it, I will leave you to experience what its about.

Xeon

<font color=red>Post created with being a dickhead in mind.</font color=red>
<font color=white>For all emotional and slanderous statements contact THG for all law suits.</font color=white>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'd paint that car a monochrome color like the Turbo Regals (there were Regal-T's without the GN or GNX logos, yes). That means get rid of the trim below the doors. But I have more news, the car will probably have the entire bottom of the door rusted out allong the inside edge. And these cars are fine drivers with that problem, just getting them fixed for repainting is a hassel.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
I got the basic version, 55 bux and tax.

I'll check for rust and whatnot when I see the car, but I have alot of pictures of the outside, inside, and engine compartment right now (he's sent me some more besides whats seen on ebay), and it don't think the doors are all rusty underneath.. but who knows. Really I don't care, if I can beat the [-peep-] out of some rice burners around here:)

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Oh, and Crash... I'm gonna paint the car black, including the grille, just like the buick grand nationals (which came with supercharged v6s... maybe this is what you were thinking about?). That and some nice wheels and wider tires should have this baby lookin awesome!

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
pimp my ride :wink:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I mentioned the GN and GNX. I also mentioned the T-Type, which had the same engine as the GN and a similar paint scheme, but in several colors (monochrome white for example). And the engines weren't supercharged, they were turbochared. They had some pretty significant turbo-lag. One racer (Think it was Kenny Bell) had a GNX with 1200HP, repainted RED, which really pissed people off because it was a genuine GNX (a rare model of the GN).

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
hey, anybody ? GW ? know how to unloack all cars in NFSU2. cant find stuff online, and the cheats mentioned online dont work. I just wanna see the cars !

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Sweet man, you seem to know a good deal. You got AIM or MSN? Maybe we could chat about this. I don't know all that much about cars right now but I wanna learn. I'm gonna be working on this car when I get it.

My MSN is mmthteocking@hotmail.com and my AIM is TheOCKing.

Peace.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Are you sure that's your MSN?

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Crap my bad... mmttheocking@hotmail.com

Dang I hardly ever make typing mistakes, especially ones that I don't notice and correct!

aLawLz187

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
eh i dont really care if they dont activate it until tuesday [cuz im still waiting for my 9600pro to return from rma... stuck with mx440 YAY!] well i was at bb yesterday to get winxp [they wanted to charge me 180 bucks for a box when i can get it for 90 online] and while i was there they pulled HL2 off the shelves, there was about 40 copies on the shelves... all gone in a matter of minutes... no idea why they pulled it but it was pretty odd :(

-lawler

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ | MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum | 1gb Kingston HyperX PC4000 [2x512] | ATI 9600 Pro [upgrade soon] | Sound Blaster Audigy LS | Samsung 120gb hd

GNX is nice, funny little louver on the hood though (useful sure, but still funny the way it opened towards the driver, didn't understand it at the time).
A friend of mine when I was much younger had a regular GrandNat, and I laughed at first because of the automatic, but it was Damn fast! He got one of those chips to change the shifting pattern and it made a noticeable difference.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

I bought the Collector's Edition (hate multiple CDs, prefer 1 DVD [btw UT2k4 DVD doesn't ask me for the DVD when I play :cool: so it's perfect for the laptop]). I was at EB yesterday while renewing the insurance for the car for ski season (don't insure/drive during the summer), and the guy brought my box from out back just to make sure it was DVD version. Ok what's up with the Stupid T-shirt! It's not even an XL, that's crap! Gabe's a big guy, why put a small guy shirt in the Box!?!

Anywhoo, EB won't give it to me until Tuesday, and they said there was no point anyways since you can't unlock it. I'm gonna ask tomorrow if I can get tomorrow night, so I can activate it at night.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I believe that was the outlet for the intercooler. And that would explain why the fins went backwards :smile: .

You laughed at an auto? All the best street drag cars have autos. TH400 is a favorite, but smaller 4-speed autos are the norm for modern drags. A manually-shifted automatic gives you better times than a manual. And with the right shift pack, automatic shifting gives you great times with great consistancy.

I believe I've even seen automatic shift via selenoids on Lencos! BTW, if you're not into that range of car, Lenco's are those pro-stock transmissions with all the shift levers. They're basically a stackable 2 speed, if you need 3 speeds you add another section, 4 speeds with another, etc. And they use planetary gears, like an automatic.

In fact, there are few manual transmissions that can survive a high torque modified engine under drag racing conditions.

Yeah but automatics with Thurst Shifters, etc are different IMO. I was talking about stock parts, and mere mortals. :lol:
I have a far different view now, and I'm more interested in the gear-ratios nowadays than just automatic/manual, remember this was when I first started driving that this conversation took place! I had a Pontiac Acadian, and my friends had the GN, one had a FordMustangII, and the other a FordLx 5.0L (faster than the GT due to less weight). My fast car experiences then were 'borrowing'/stealing Mom's 300ZX. :evil:

A manually-shifted automatic gives you better times than a manual
However, the new clutchless manual like in the new Audis (don't cofuse with Tiptronic) is even faster IMO, no clutch lag, far better gearing.

In fact, there are few manual transmissions that can survive a high torque modified engine under drag racing conditions.
True, but I wasn't talking drag racing. Add other factors and that changes everything, like add NO2 the situation changes depending on the conditions, vehicle, etc.

I was just talking about generalities back then, and that car changed my view pretty quick.