Can't start remote assistance

When I try to start remote assistance from Windows Help, I get a message
"Your current settings prevent you from sending an invitation".

I am an administrator of this home network computer and I am not aware
of doing anything deliberately to change any settings. Both Windows
firewall and my router firewall are configured to allow remote
assistance.

Can anyone clear this up, please?

--
Neil

Anti-spam - Domain is really oakleaf ~ idps ~ co ~ uk (change ~ to dot)
4 answers Last reply
More about start remote assistance

    Greetings

    Right Click My Computer -> Properties -> Remote tab -> Check the Allow
    Remote Assistance to be sent box.

    Hope this helps
    Albatross Singh

    "Neil Howie" <neil.howie@Ireportallspam.net> wrote in message
    > When I try to start remote assistance from Windows Help, I get a message
    > "Your current settings prevent you from sending an invitation".
    >
    > I am an administrator of this home network computer and I am not aware
    > of doing anything deliberately to change any settings. Both Windows
    > firewall and my router firewall are configured to allow remote
    > assistance.
    >
    > Can anyone clear this up, please?
    >
    > --
    > Neil
    >
    > Anti-spam - Domain is really oakleaf ~ idps ~ co ~ uk (change ~ to dot)

    Hi Neil,

    1. Right-click the My Computer icon in the Desktop
    2. Select Properties
    3. Click the Remote tab.
    4. Enable the following check box and then click OK.

    "Allow Remote Assistance invitations to be sent from this computer"

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Neil Howie" <neil.howie@Ireportallspam.net> wrote in message
    > When I try to start remote assistance from Windows Help, I get a message
    > "Your current settings prevent you from sending an invitation".
    >
    > I am an administrator of this home network computer and I am not aware
    > of doing anything deliberately to change any settings. Both Windows
    > firewall and my router firewall are configured to allow remote
    > assistance.
    >
    > Can anyone clear this up, please?
    >
    > --
    > Neil
    >
    > Anti-spam - Domain is really oakleaf ~ idps ~ co ~ uk (change ~ to dot)

    Many thanks, both of you

    --
    Neil

    Anti-spam - Domain is really oakleaf ~ idps ~ co ~ uk (change ~ to dot)

    "Neil Howie" <neil.howie@Ireportallspam.net> wrote in message
    | When I try to start remote assistance from Windows Help, I get a
    message
    | "Your current settings prevent you from sending an invitation".
    |
    | I am an administrator of this home network computer and I am not aware
    | of doing anything deliberately to change any settings. Both Windows
    | firewall and my router firewall are configured to allow remote
    | assistance.
    |
    | Can anyone clear this up, please?
    |
    | --
    | Neil
    |
    | Anti-spam - Domain is really oakleaf ~ idps ~ co ~ uk (change ~ to
    dot)

    You're welcome Neil.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    > Many thanks, both of you
    >
    > --
    > Neil
    >
    > Anti-spam - Domain is really oakleaf ~ idps ~ co ~ uk (change ~ to dot)
    >

    > "Neil Howie" <neil.howie@Ireportallspam.net> wrote in message
    > | When I try to start remote assistance from Windows Help, I get a
    > message
    > | "Your current settings prevent you from sending an invitation".
    > |
    > | I am an administrator of this home network computer and I am not aware
    > | of doing anything deliberately to change any settings. Both Windows
    > | firewall and my router firewall are configured to allow remote
    > | assistance.
    > |
    > | Can anyone clear this up, please?
    > |
    > | --
    > | Neil
    > |
    > | Anti-spam - Domain is really oakleaf ~ idps ~ co ~ uk (change ~ to
    > dot)

Firewalls Windows XP