will go +150 but would not like to
this will be bought for christmas
750-950 range works best for me but i want my laptop to last
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6"-17.3" would prefer 17.3"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
does not really matter 720p+ which is on most laptops today
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
If i can move the laptop that around the house that is portable enough
5. How much battery life do you need?
not really important as most of these laptops have optimus
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Skyrim - atleast high but i can play at 25 fps plays now with medium 20 fps
World of tanks - Very high my laptop can almost do this now with fxaa and foliage turned off at 25 fps
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I do simple photo and video editing as well as gpu overclocking and screen recording
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
5400rpm is ok but 7200 rpm would be nice ssd is not needed
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Atleast 2 years if not more would be nice
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Just a simple DVD/CD reader / writer
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
ANYTHING but apple cuz i do not like OSX
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I need good improvement over my 6550m i get 3500 on 3d mark vantage and i was looking at laptops with 650m-670m and 7850m but nothing overly powerful
I like to overclock my gpu so it needs to be able to do that
I realize prices will drop and there will be new hardware coming out like the amd radeon 8000 series that was found in amd drivers code.
post back what you think is good