50 years and 7 days since the last time!

Wasn't a pretty game - but still won :-D

Get in there!!!

--
"Arsenal are the football club with class and dignity in English
football. " - Ian Harvey, April 2005

"Toby Briggs" <toby.briggs@gmail.com> wrote in message
> 50 years and 7 days since the last time!
>
> Wasn't a pretty game - but still won :-D
>
> Get in there!!!

Well done

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:33:08 +0100, Toby Briggs wrote:

> 50 years and 7 days since the last time!
>
> Wasn't a pretty game - but still won :-D
>
> Get in there!!!

It's on loan til next may. Keep it nicely polished.

I guess a well done is in order.

God that is hard to say..

--
- / - Daniel - / -

Toby Briggs wrote:
> 50 years and 7 days since the last time!
>
> Wasn't a pretty game - but still won :-D
>
> Get in there!!!

I can`t stand the way chelsea (and other clubs with rich owners..) are
being run, BUT:

THE FANS DESERVED IT AFTER 50 YEARS!!! I know many chelsea fans, and
being a liverpool fan since 75 and a Rosenborg fan all my life (13
straight league champions now..) I know the feeling of winning the
league. It`s a feeling every supporter should be able to have at least
once a lifetime. Wether it`s a cup, promotion, premiership champion etc,
it doesn`t matter, the feeling is the same.

Congratulations, all chelsea fans!!

Sunhill

Toby Briggs <toby.briggs@gmail.com> wrote in news:4273cf63$0$82665
$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net:

> 50 years and 7 days since the last time!
>
> Wasn't a pretty game - but still won :-D
>
> Get in there!!!

Congratulations Chelsea fans - hope you had a good night celebrating.

--
PG

"Daniel Marsh" <danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:33:08 +0100, Toby Briggs wrote:
>
>> 50 years and 7 days since the last time!
>>
>> Wasn't a pretty game - but still won :-D
>>
>> Get in there!!!
>
> It's on loan til next may. Keep it nicely polished.
>
> I guess a well done is in order.
>
> God that is hard to say..

It is isn't it?

"Sunhill" <ohwhatthehell@for.com> wrote in message
> Toby Briggs wrote:
>> 50 years and 7 days since the last time!
>>
>> Wasn't a pretty game - but still won :-D
>>
>> Get in there!!!
>>

> I can`t stand the way chelsea (and other clubs with rich owners..) are
> being run, BUT:

Agreed thats the only issue I have with Chelsea, but I guess its wrong to
bring it up now without seeming bitter!

Rach wrote:
> "Toby Briggs" <toby.briggs@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>50 years and 7 days since the last time!
>>
>>Wasn't a pretty game - but still won :-D
>>
>>Get in there!!!
>

> Well done

:-D

--

Daniel Marsh wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:33:08 +0100, Toby Briggs wrote:
>

>>50 years and 7 days since the last time!
>>
>>Wasn't a pretty game - but still won :-D
>>
>>Get in there!!!
>

> It's on loan til next may. Keep it nicely polished.
>
> I guess a well done is in order.
>
> God that is hard to say..

What a feeling :-D

Just need to beat or score-draw the scousers and go for the Treble :)

--

Sunhill wrote:
> Toby Briggs wrote:
>
>> 50 years and 7 days since the last time!
>>
>> Wasn't a pretty game - but still won :-D
>>
>> Get in there!!!
>>

> I can`t stand the way chelsea (and other clubs with rich owners..) are
> being run, BUT:
>
> THE FANS DESERVED IT AFTER 50 YEARS!!! I know many chelsea fans, and
> being a liverpool fan since 75 and a Rosenborg fan all my life (13
> straight league champions now..) I know the feeling of winning the
> league. It`s a feeling every supporter should be able to have at least
> once a lifetime. Wether it`s a cup, promotion, premiership champion etc,
> it doesn`t matter, the feeling is the same.
>
> Congratulations, all chelsea fans!!
>
> Sunhill

Cheers :-D

--
"Arsenal are the football club with class and dignity in English
football. " - Ian Harvey, April 2005

> 50 years and 7 days since the last time!
>
> Wasn't a pretty game - but still won :-D
>
> Get in there!!!

Well done Chelsea. I may not be a fan of the club or the whole buying a team
thing but there was some bloody good football played, another bloody good
goalkeeper in our league who is a joy to watch and Wenger didn't win the
league! I don't care who does (but obviously I had my affiliations) so long
as Arsene Wenger doesn't do it! Hip, hip, hooray!

Dy

Jabberwocky

"Dynamic Forward" <30goals@season-backofthe.net> wrote in message
>> 50 years and 7 days since the last time!
>>
>> Wasn't a pretty game - but still won :-D
>>
>> Get in there!!!
>>

> Well done Chelsea. I may not be a fan of the club or the whole buying a
> team thing but there was some bloody good football played, another bloody
> good goalkeeper in our league who is a joy to watch and Wenger didn't win
> the league! I don't care who does (but obviously I had my affiliations) so
> long as Arsene Wenger doesn't do it! Hip, hip, hooray!
>
> Dy

My sentiments exactly cept for Arsene put Fergie.

Chelsea bought the title, and i said it ages ago so it's not sour grapes.

Im not saying Jose hasn't turned the team around and made it play properly
he's a great manager, credit where it's due.

But you give Rafa Benitez 140 million to spend in this summer and i could
guarentee, if chelsea weren't rich HED have won the prem this season with
the same ammount of cash.

Any side with a decent enough squad that gets in an around the CL most
seasons will WIN the prem if they could spend 100 mil in the summer.

so it's not an accomplishment.

Arsenal last season were unbeaten, that's an accomplishment.

Chelsea's records this season will break long standing records, especially
the Conceding one. And congrats on that, but at what cost does money come
at?

--
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

Admin of one of the best FM sites around:
http://www.fmunderground.net/

View my Story / Poem profile on :
http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/shadowalk

Jabberwocky wrote:

> Chelsea bought the title, and i said it ages ago so it's not sour grapes.

LOL. Interesting how you dismiss some of your statements because
they're old and you give others credit because they're also old.

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Urban - Mjesto za mene

"Miljenko" <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote in message
> Jabberwocky wrote:
>
>> Chelsea bought the title, and i said it ages ago so it's not sour grapes.
>
> LOL. Interesting how you dismiss some of your statements because
> they're old and you give others credit because they're also old.

Why is it bitter though? can it not simply be true?

Jabberwocky

"Rach" <rach@thisisntmyaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Miljenko" <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote in message
>> Jabberwocky wrote:
>>
>>> Chelsea bought the title, and i said it ages ago so it's not sour
>>> grapes.
>>
>> LOL. Interesting how you dismiss some of your statements because
>> they're old and you give others credit because they're also old.
>
> Why is it bitter though? can it not simply be true?

Exactly my sentiments rach, I honestly don't care that chelsea won it,
because it can be dismissed in that they bought the title, which is the
truth, it's a matter of fact. Arsenal and Man U batling for second is a lot
more interesting to me.

No where am i saying chelsea aren't talented or that they don't deserve to
win it, But give Arsene or Fergie 140 mil to spend in one summer and they'll
odds on win too, it's all part and parcel of the game though. Im not bitter,
just least accept that they only won the title because they spent 200 mil
over 2 seasons.

Whilst the heart of the chelsea squad was already there, really out of what
has been bought i think they only didn't waste their money on Cech, Carvalho
or Robben. Those 3 are world class.

The english core already existed at chelsea, and the 3 players above are the
main reasons chelsea won it. Cech is possibly the best keeper in the world,
and i've watched him pull off some saves.

Credit where it's due, Great squad, you get what you pay for. :)

But as Blackburn showed when Jack was bankrolling, anyone can win the Prem
if they're given the license to get the players neccesary to do so.

--

On Sun, 1 May 2005 10:23:38 +0100, Rach wrote:

> "Daniel Marsh" <danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:33:08 +0100, Toby Briggs wrote:
>>
>>> 50 years and 7 days since the last time!
>>>
>>> Wasn't a pretty game - but still won :-D
>>>
>>> Get in there!!!
>>
>> It's on loan til next may. Keep it nicely polished.
>>
>> I guess a well done is in order.
>>
>> God that is hard to say..
>
> It is isn't it?

Very much so.

--
- / - Daniel - / -

On Sun, 1 May 2005 16:27:00 +0100, "Rach"
<rach@thisisntmyaddress.co.uk> wrote:

>"Miljenko" <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote in message
>> Jabberwocky wrote:
>>
>>> Chelsea bought the title, and i said it ages ago so it's not sour grapes.
>>
>> LOL. Interesting how you dismiss some of your statements because
>> they're old and you give others credit because they're also old.
>
>Why is it bitter though? can it not simply be true?

These are the rules of the game. Any team can play according to them.
If they can't it's solely their problem.

-Nick

Toby Briggs wrote:
> 50 years and 7 days since the last time!
>
> Wasn't a pretty game - but still won :-D
>
> Get in there!!!

Congratulations :) How's the hangover ;-) Shame Edu's not around to revel
in the glory too

--
Hamish

Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well
you bounce.

"Hamish" <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> escreveu na mensagem
> Toby Briggs wrote:
> > 50 years and 7 days since the last time!
> >
> > Wasn't a pretty game - but still won :-D
> >
> > Get in there!!!
>
> Congratulations :) How's the hangover ;-) Shame Edu's not around to
revel
> in the glory too
>
> --
> Hamish
>
> Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well
> you bounce.

I'm coming back, and in glory after Chelsea achievements! :)

> I'm coming back, and in glory after Chelsea achievements! :)

Welcome back me old mucker!

Dy

"Dynamic Forward" <30goals@season-backofthe.net> escreveu na mensagem

> > I'm coming back, and in glory after Chelsea achievements! :)
> >

> Welcome back me old mucker!
>
> Dy

I cant stop laugh with your great humour...

Eduardo Liguori wrote:

> "Dynamic Forward" <30goals@season-backofthe.net> escreveu na mensagem
>
>>>I'm coming back, and in glory after Chelsea achievements! :)
>>>

>>Welcome back me old mucker!
>>
>>Dy
>>

> I cant stop laugh with your great humour...

STOP!

>>>Welcome back me old mucker!
>>>
>>>Dy
>>>

>> I cant stop laugh with your great humour...
>>

> STOP!

stop what? i wasn't aware anything had been started

Dy

"Sunhill" <ohwhatthehell@for.com> escreveu na mensagem
> Eduardo Liguori wrote:
>
> > "Dynamic Forward" <30goals@season-backofthe.net> escreveu na mensagem

> >>Welcome back me old mucker!
> >>
> >>Dy
> >>

> > I cant stop laugh with your great humour...
> >

> STOP!

tks Frank, I couldnt breath before your help :)