Percision vs Dimen. 8400

For a home user who uses their computer for mostly high speed internet use,
games, word processing, working on home pictures and in the future maybe
some video work with our home videos is there any advantage to going for a
say Percision 670 over a Dimen. 8400 3.2P4??

Personally, I would think there is no advantage. The Precision 670 is a
dual-procesor capable model, so if you were really heavy into video editing, an
added processor would help... Ben Myers

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:17:19 -0500, "Pinger" <Pinger@yahoo.com> wrote:

>For a home user who uses their computer for mostly high speed internet use,
>games, word processing, working on home pictures and in the future maybe
>some video work with our home videos is there any advantage to going for a
>say Percision 670 over a Dimen. 8400 3.2P4??

I have the Dimension 8300 3.0, 1 gig memory, 128 meg memory ATI video
card and it plays all the latest games - Halo, Doom3, etc. with no
problems. I have digital camera and the Sony Mini DV camcorder. No
problems what so ever. I make a lot of DVD's of the video and digital
pictures with Roxio Creator 7.

Joan