tech:centipede

Just fired up my centipede and now I have white blocks around the
centipede,spiders, and shots fired. I also get intermittent green
vertical lines down the screen. Any ideas where I should start to
look? Thanks.....

If you have white blocks I would say it's an EPROM issue. Not sure which
one(s), i'm sure someone on here would. You might try reseating all of the
EPROMS and give it a try again.

Thomas

"tonyd" <tonyd2084@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just fired up my centipede and now I have white blocks around the
> centipede,spiders, and shots fired. I also get intermittent green
> vertical lines down the screen. Any ideas where I should start to
> look? Thanks.....

First, check the obvious stuff, such as the +5 volt line on the motherboard
itself.

Try re-seating all socketed chips, particularly the two character
EPROMs/ROMs in the middle of the motherboard; these are the character ROMs.

What does the self-test tell you after this?

I tried reseating all roms.All appear to be in good shape no bent
pins. Measured all voltages.
+5 = +4.91
+22 = +21.85
-22 = - 22.62
+15 = +15.13
-15 = -15.20

After it warms up for a few minutes the white blocks dissapear. I
just have a few small lines on my shots and where i fired to.

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:40:50 -0400, tonyd <tonyd2084@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Just fired up my centipede and now I have white blocks around the
>centipede,spiders, and shots fired. I also get intermittent green
>vertical lines down the screen. Any ideas where I should start to
>look? Thanks.....

> Measured all voltages.
> +5 = +4.91

At the game PCB, or at the power supply? Make sure you measure
at the game board, and bring the +5 up a bit. I usually like mine at
5.05V-5.10V as measured at the game PCB.

Alex
----
ayeckley@elektronforge.com
www.elektronforge.com

All measured voltages are from the game pcb. How can I get to 5.05 or
up?

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:48:47 GMT, "Alex Yeckley"
<ayeckley@elektronforge.com> wrote:

>> Measured all voltages.
>> +5 = +4.91
>
>At the game PCB, or at the power supply? Make sure you measure
>at the game board, and bring the +5 up a bit. I usually like mine at
>5.05V-5.10V as measured at the game PCB.
>
>Alex
>----
>ayeckley@elektronforge.com
>www.elektronforge.com

On the A/R board there is a pot with a little bit of silicone by the 5V TP
that you adjust, stick a meter onthe TP and see what you get..

AF

--

> All measured voltages are from the game pcb. How can I get to 5.05 or
> up?
>
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:48:47 GMT, "Alex Yeckley"
> <ayeckley@elektronforge.com> wrote:
>
> >> Measured all voltages.
> >> +5 = +4.91
> >
> >At the game PCB, or at the power supply? Make sure you measure
> >at the game board, and bring the +5 up a bit. I usually like mine at
> >5.05V-5.10V as measured at the game PCB.
> >
> >Alex
> >----
> >ayeckley@elektronforge.com
> >www.elektronforge.com