Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Lost/missing icon help

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
May 24, 2005 5:24:55 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

The HDD icon next to my c: drive is gone in Windows Explorer and in My
Computer. The other drives show the icon.

Anyone have any ideas about how to get it back?

TIA

--
Walter B

More about : lost missing icon

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 4:50:39 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Walter,

See if there is a file named autorun.inf in the C:\ root. If so, delete it
and restart Windows.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org


"Walter" <fake@antispam.add> wrote in message
news:eRkXDWIYFHA.228@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> The HDD icon next to my c: drive is gone in Windows Explorer and in My
> Computer. The other drives show the icon.
>
> Anyone have any ideas about how to get it back?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Walter B
>
May 25, 2005 4:50:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

In news:o g2qCpPYFHA.3356@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@online.mvps.org> typed:
> Hi Walter,
>
> See if there is a file named autorun.inf in the C:\ root. If so,
> delete it and restart Windows.
>
>
> "Walter" <fake@antispam.add> wrote in message
> news:eRkXDWIYFHA.228@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> The HDD icon next to my c: drive is gone in Windows Explorer and in
>> My Computer. The other drives show the icon.
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas about how to get it back?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> --
>> Walter B

Thanks a million, Ramesh! That did it. Any idea how that got there?

--
Walter B
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 12:33:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Thanks for the feedback Walter. No idea how it got in there.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org


"Walter" <fake@antispam.add> wrote in message
news:eqcoLzTYFHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> In news:o g2qCpPYFHA.3356@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
> Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@online.mvps.org> typed:
>> Hi Walter,
>>
>> See if there is a file named autorun.inf in the C:\ root. If so,
>> delete it and restart Windows.
>>
>>
>> "Walter" <fake@antispam.add> wrote in message
>> news:eRkXDWIYFHA.228@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> The HDD icon next to my c: drive is gone in Windows Explorer and in
>>> My Computer. The other drives show the icon.
>>>
>>> Anyone have any ideas about how to get it back?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> --
>>> Walter B
>
> Thanks a million, Ramesh! That did it. Any idea how that got there?
>
> --
> Walter B
>
!