Lost/missing icon help

The HDD icon next to my c: drive is gone in Windows Explorer and in My
Computer. The other drives show the icon.

Anyone have any ideas about how to get it back?

TIA

--
Walter B
3 answers Last reply

    Hi Walter,

    See if there is a file named autorun.inf in the C:\ root. If so, delete it
    and restart Windows.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    In news:Og2qCpPYFHA.3356@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@online.mvps.org> typed:
    > Hi Walter,
    >
    > See if there is a file named autorun.inf in the C:\ root. If so,
    > delete it and restart Windows.
    >

    > "Walter" <fake@antispam.add> wrote in message
    >> The HDD icon next to my c: drive is gone in Windows Explorer and in
    >> My Computer. The other drives show the icon.
    >>
    >> Anyone have any ideas about how to get it back?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> --
    >> Walter B

    Thanks a million, Ramesh! That did it. Any idea how that got there?

    --
    Walter B

    Thanks for the feedback Walter. No idea how it got in there.

    --

    > In news:Og2qCpPYFHA.3356@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    > Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@online.mvps.org> typed:
    >> Hi Walter,
    >>
    >> See if there is a file named autorun.inf in the C:\ root. If so,
    >> delete it and restart Windows.
    >>

    >> "Walter" <fake@antispam.add> wrote in message
    >>> The HDD icon next to my c: drive is gone in Windows Explorer and in
    >>> My Computer. The other drives show the icon.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone have any ideas about how to get it back?
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Walter B
    >
    > Thanks a million, Ramesh! That did it. Any idea how that got there?
    >
    > --
    > Walter B

Windows XP