Latitude D600 Paralell port problem & Win98 install

I use it to connect to external devices (mostly for flashing eproms) via
com and paralell port but having problem when i use parallel port (i got
error opening port). I tried win xp prof , xpsp1,sp2 , bios upgrade
(curently A15 ver) etc but all the same . I don't have problem when
using same prog with other PC (Compaq armada, Dell optiplex desktop).

Also have anyone succesfully intalled win98SE on this system . I only
succeded when installed a ghost from other PC but can'find apropriate
drivers for it.

--
viski
2 answers Last reply

    viski wrote:
    > I use it to connect to external devices (mostly for flashing eproms)
    > via com and paralell port but having problem when i use parallel port
    > (i got error opening port). I tried win xp prof , xpsp1,sp2 , bios
    > upgrade (curently A15 ver) etc but all the same . I don't have
    > problem when using same prog with other PC (Compaq armada, Dell
    > optiplex desktop).
    >
    > Also have anyone succesfully intalled win98SE on this system . I only
    > succeded when installed a ghost from other PC but can'find apropriate
    > drivers for it.

    Google: xp parallel port problem. There are numerous suggestions.

    > viski wrote:
    >> I use it to connect to external devices (mostly for flashing eproms)
    >> via com and paralell port but having problem when i use parallel port
    >> (i got error opening port). I tried win xp prof , xpsp1,sp2 , bios
    >> upgrade (curently A15 ver) etc but all the same . I don't have
    >> problem when using same prog with other PC (Compaq armada, Dell
    >> optiplex desktop).
    >>
    >> Also have anyone succesfully intalled win98SE on this system . I only
    >> succeded when installed a ghost from other PC but can'find apropriate
    >> drivers for it.
    >
    > Google: xp parallel port problem. There are numerous suggestions.

    But it is going to be tough. XP does NOT like a program writing directly to
    a port.

Dell Computers