Missing icons on task bar Please help

Hi

Can anyone help please with this problem i am having with my computer at the
moment.

The task bar is displayed on the computer but for the past few days none of
the open application icons are displayed on the task bar now which is a pain.

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem.

Many thanks

Mia
4 answers Last reply
More about missing icons task help

    I would try this tool.

    Or, try Safe Mode - press the F8 key (a few times while XP is booting). Then
    try Normal mode.

    --
    Michael

    "mia" <mia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone help please with this problem i am having with my computer at
    > the
    > moment.
    >
    > The task bar is displayed on the computer but for the past few days none
    > of
    > the open application icons are displayed on the task bar now which is a
    > pain.
    >
    > Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Mia

    Thanks Micheal

    I have tried the tool but its not working, is there anything else you can
    think of?

    "Michael T" wrote:

    > I would try this tool.
    >
    > Or, try Safe Mode - press the F8 key (a few times while XP is booting). Then
    > try Normal mode.
    >
    > --
    > Michael
    >

    > "mia" <mia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Can anyone help please with this problem i am having with my computer at
    > > the
    > > moment.
    > >
    > > The task bar is displayed on the computer but for the past few days none
    > > of
    > > the open application icons are displayed on the task bar now which is a
    > > pain.
    > >
    > > Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem.
    > >
    > > Many thanks
    > >
    > > Mia

    I personally haven't witnessed this behavior, but some have found this to be
    caused by a corrupted user profile for their XP login account.

    According to my Google search, they were told to create a new user account
    (or profile) and copy certain data from the corrupted profile.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151/

    --
    Michael

    "mia" <mia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone help please with this problem i am having with my computer at
    > the
    > moment.
    >
    > The task bar is displayed on the computer but for the past few days none
    > of
    > the open application icons are displayed on the task bar now which is a
    > pain.
    >
    > Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Mia

    Programs Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar (Line 240)

    mia wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone help please with this problem i am having with my computer
    > at the moment.
    >
    > The task bar is displayed on the computer but for the past few days
    > none of the open application icons are displayed on the task bar now
    > which is a pain.
    >
    > Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Mia

Computers Icons Windows XP