Missing icons on task bar Please help

May 24, 2005 4:19:47 PM

Hi

Can anyone help please with this problem i am having with my computer at the
moment.

The task bar is displayed on the computer but for the past few days none of
the open application icons are displayed on the task bar now which is a pain.

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem.

Many thanks

Mia

More about : missing icons task bar

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 11:30:53 PM

I would try this tool.

Or, try Safe Mode - press the F8 key (a few times while XP is booting). Then
try Normal mode.

--
Michael

"mia" <mia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Can anyone help please with this problem i am having with my computer at
> the
> moment.
>
> The task bar is displayed on the computer but for the past few days none
> of
> the open application icons are displayed on the task bar now which is a
> pain.
>
> Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Mia
May 24, 2005 11:30:54 PM

Thanks Micheal

I have tried the tool but its not working, is there anything else you can
think of?

"Michael T" wrote:

> I would try this tool.
>
> Or, try Safe Mode - press the F8 key (a few times while XP is booting). Then
> try Normal mode.
>
> --
> Michael
>

> "mia" <mia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > Can anyone help please with this problem i am having with my computer at
> > the
> > moment.
> >
> > The task bar is displayed on the computer but for the past few days none
> > of
> > the open application icons are displayed on the task bar now which is a
> > pain.
> >
> > Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem.
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Mia

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 12:03:33 AM

I personally haven't witnessed this behavior, but some have found this to be
caused by a corrupted user profile for their XP login account.

According to my Google search, they were told to create a new user account
(or profile) and copy certain data from the corrupted profile.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151/

--
Michael

"mia" <mia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Can anyone help please with this problem i am having with my computer at
> the
> moment.
>
> The task bar is displayed on the computer but for the past few days none
> of
> the open application icons are displayed on the task bar now which is a
> pain.
>
> Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Mia
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 12:17:45 AM

Programs Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar (Line 240)

!